• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Olimar Wobble'

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
This is a technique that pikminx45 and I discovered, it can only be done as a team though. When you get the other team down to one person, if you and your teammate are Olimar, you can do the 'Olimar wobble' It's quite simple really, all you do is stand close enough to each other so that you can continuously grab the opponent, without grabbing your teammate (friendly fire). The hardest part is spacing, once you get that, just keep grabbing, every time the opponent breaks from one grab, he'll be grabbed by the opponent. One more thing, to actually damage the opponent, just keep pressing A after holding R, this way, you'll keep grabbing when you don't have the opponent, and when you do have him, you'll damage him. There you go! That's the Olimar Wobble.

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i guess, but if you have a white pikmin, you can do more damage, and if you have a blue pikmin, you can end it quicker with a back throw. It's also much easier to do with olimar because he has a long-range, quick grab, characters like lucas and samus, it would be harder to do because of the grab lag times. Characters with short grabs, it would be hard to get them into position, so really, Olimar's the best canidate for this.

asob4

Smash Champion
me and my partner do it all the time with g&w/MK and once they get high enough, f-smash from g dubs kills easily. goes for anyone really.
it doesn't matter what type of grab because you grab them during their release lag

peeup

Smash Lord
I feel special, commenting on this in two different places.

I don't have much more to add other than asking: Is this escapable?

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
This is a technique that pikminx45 and I discovered, it can only be done as a team though. When you get the other team down to one person, if you and your teammate are Olimar, you can do the 'Olimar wobble' It's quite simple really, all you do is stand close enough to each other so that you can continuously grab the opponent, without grabbing your teammate (friendly fire). The hardest part is spacing, once you get that, just keep grabbing, every time the opponent breaks from one grab, he'll be grabbed by the opponent. One more thing, to actually damage the opponent, just keep pressing A after holding R, this way, you'll keep grabbing when you don't have the opponent, and when you do have him, you'll damage him. There you go! That's the Olimar Wobble.
2 notes

1) any combo of characters can do this - two characters can do this with actual grabs - ddd and wolf

2) "this" technique can be broken out of by mashing jump by any character.

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
It's the begining to doing it, the long quick grab helps to capture the oponent much more easily.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I've done this with almost every combination of characters (Me and my friends like to do some random matches sometimes), really its all about spacing and timing, and no, if done correctly your opponent can't scape, or let me rephrase, for at least 25 of the characters or so, they can't. (As I haven't tried them all)

Ace55

Smash Lord
This is SO not a technique, it's just exploiting the extra person advantage. Although it's really useful (and not new by any means) it doesn't need to be named, nor is it character specific.

Top Bottom