• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimar top tier

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
ok i was watch ing some vid and i seen a guy wit olimar take another guy to 136% in about 8 sec 0_0 why is he not tier worthy what is his flaws btw im pit main but olimar is looking liek my backup

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
ok i was watch ing some vid and i seen a guy wit olimar take another guy to 136% in about 8 sec 0_0 why is he not tier worthy what is his flaws btw im pit main but olimar is looking liek my backup
divide that 136% by like 3-5 and thats how much the pikmin actually do against a real opponet and with olimars tether recovery he is definatly NOT going to be top teir, if anything i think he would be low high teir or mid

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
divide that 136% by like 3-5 and thats how much the pikmin actually do against a real opponet and with olimars tether recovery he is definatly NOT going to be top teir, if anything i think he would be low high teir or mid
I disagree, I don't think he will be top tier but he could be high and I would not expect to see him at low or bottom.

kafke

Smash Apprentice
i think he will probably be mid or low high. I hope its the former, I would hate to see people play as oli just because he is good.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Check out his recovery.. it's terrible. That's the main thing holding him back.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
yeh all good points but if he were to team up with a character with some kill moves in a team battle he could be deadly the other player would be kinda like the tank whyll olimar spams pickmin lol

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
atleast with the invincibility frames in the whistle he can be hard to edgeguard.
olimar can throw a pikmin at someone edgehogging to get them off the edge.

JustinAC

Smash Cadet
He can throw a pikmin at them but only a purple one will really get them off :( The others will just do damage.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
I disagree, I don't think he will be top tier but he could be high and I would not expect to see him at low or bottom.
exactly thats what i said olimar is definatly not going to be low teir. he is going to be low on the high teir list or just mid-teir

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i think olimars range will be in a mid to high low tier with a side of god or fox/falco tier his level and usage will be directly divisible by his tier and the amount of playability will be the opposite of his lowest tier blue pikmin of course will be god tier where as white and purple will be tournament level tier but yellow will be for casual tier as unplayable against a pro.....GAAAA!!!!

i'm crying tears at the talk of tiers already!!! NO ONE KNOWS YET!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
olimar top tier
Oh god, I hope not. He'd be overused, and I dont want that.

I have two other mains I have to worry about being top tier (Diddy, WW Link) just because of their speed and power....sigh..

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Look, Olimar is not going to be a character you can just rush in, press a bunch of buttons, and expect results (be them good or bad) such as characters like Marth and MetaKnight. He's a mindgame character who is going to run circles around anyone who is not paying attention to what's REALLY happening in the match.

He's going to be like Snake, below average stats, but if used correctly, a force to be reckoned with. And I don't mean that in the cliche, anyone can be a good character, sense.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really don't know. He has gimpable recovery and gimpable offense. But his range and power seems good when it isn't gimped.

Linkubus

Smash Cadet
Look, Olimar is not going to be a character you can just rush in, press a bunch of buttons, and expect results (be them good or bad) such as characters like Marth and MetaKnight. He's a mindgame character who is going to run circles around anyone who is not paying attention to what's REALLY happening in the match.

He's going to be like Snake, below average stats, but if used correctly, a force to be reckoned with. And I don't mean that in the cliche, anyone can be a good character, sense.

Exactly. And you can't expect people to already be able to display what Olimar can really do in a match. He is one of, if not THE most technical character in the game, and it'll be awhile before he's really mastered by anyone. He's not the "pick up and play" character of Brawl, he's for people who want a truly in depth character.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
I fought a good Olimar today. Couple of things to his advantage. Lot of priority on his attacks with the pikmin and really good damage. He hits HARD. Also, his attack animations are VERY subtle. Often times, especially in non-1v1, it seems like he's just standing there and you're getting hit by random ****. He's like a little space man surrounded by hit boxes. His recovery does suck though but, he's definitely a good character beyond that. Keep him on the stage and ****.

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice

YES!! that is excatly how he is going to be like. like a improved mewtwo. mindgames, and a smart person with the controller is going to be a good olimar.

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
Then i guess Oli should just avoid being kicked off. Now.... how does he do that? Well, his super armor should allow him to just sit there as the attack damages him, and if they move past him with their attack, then bam! pivot d-grab, to u-smash. It allows him to deal with being put in the air, seeing as they're stuck in the air. Also, his shield grab is quite good, so he shouldn't have to worry. It's just at this stage of the game, not many people have him nailed down to perfection, and it won't be like that for quite a while.

Afro Joe

Smash Rookie
pikmen and olimar rulez

Pikmen and Olimar will be high tier for sure because he may have a bad recoverey but every other thing about him is awesome! i have seen him be awesome so many times, and he will be hard to get used to but he is the best!

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Pikmen and Olimar will be high tier for sure because he may have a bad recoverey but every other thing about him is awesome! i have seen him be awesome so many times, and he will be hard to get used to but he is the best!
lol maybe not the best but he has potenial

Top Bottom