• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar/Stage ponderization (belongs in both char and stage threads so i put it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
this thread belongs in every brawl thread area, so it's going here. deal.

anyway, in the olimar special moves update, it said that certain pikmen are more likely to appear in certain ground. (look close, it's there). now i ask you, which stages do you think will have which piks?

i think norfair'll have reds and foxes ship will have white, since they's electrickiful.

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
it said diff pikmin for diff areas on a level not diff pikmin 4 different levels. besides wo cares olimar blows!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
you people are unpleasant
I imagine many people here come across that way, especially all the Gamefaqs and NSider n00bs who are here just to speculate and argue about Brawl, but you don't help the situation when you post threads based on pure speculation such as this.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I believe Artix's comment was at that other person.

Maybe it's determined by the color of the area? XD Who knows. It's safe to say that we probably won't know until the game gets released.

And at this point of Brawl's life, what else is there to do aside from speculate and and discuss? Certainly not post youtube videos of our exploits, discuss tiers, or new mechanics that we have discovered.

Roun

Smash Cadet
Olimar's stage?

Impact Site, plz. :3
Eh, I'd rather we get something from a little further into the game. People weren't too happy about the Metroid Prime stage because it was the very first level. Though, it should be something that everyone can remember.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
You probably get different pikmin for different areas of a stage. I don't know, but what I do know is that ponderization isn't a word.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
it said diff pikmin for diff areas on a level not diff pikmin 4 different levels. besides wo cares olimar blows!
Go away, complete your Grade 8 English class, and then you can come back and start posting.

BACK ON TRACK

I think that just depending on the stage (Or what part of the stage) MORE of a certain kind of Pikmin will appear, but the others will be available as well, just in smaller numbers. Example, many red Pikmin on Norfair, but few numbers of the other 4 Pikmin.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
Go away, complete your Grade 8 English class, and then you can come back and start posting.

BACK ON TRACK

I think that just depending on the stage (Or what part of the stage) MORE of a certain kind of Pikmin will appear, but the others will be available as well, just in smaller numbers. Example, many red Pikmin on Norfair, but few numbers of the other 4 Pikmin.
whats wrong with 8th grade english skills!? lol jk.

Olimar rocks, i was once of the origional pikmen, anyway on topic...
...i think he mean like...umm...red on solid ground, blue neaar water, yellow on platforms (in the AIR) purple on thick flat ground and white on moving things or potential hazards...Maybe, its just my way of looking at it, i really don't see how it would work.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'd rather we get something from a little further into the game.
Besides the Final Trial, which would be a poor choice to represent the series in my opinion (too melodramatic when set apart on its own), the only other stage I think would work is the Forest of Hope. Those two and Impact Crater capture the game's big-world-small-character design best. Distant Spring's design relies on water and has little to compare scale to, and the Forest Navel is too bland; again, with little to compare scale to. Impact Crater is still my first choice.

I can't say I'm wild about Pikmin 2's level style, and besides, we've already got a stage that changes seasons.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said :"be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring. I think that on normal terrain there is a 20% chance to get any color. Then I agree with Qbuilderz, but the chances will probably increase to 40%~60% higher. If it was absolute than certain stages without specific terrain types would counter Olimer mains. I mean, not every stage has water you know.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
As you can see in the screen shots olimer is using all color pikmin on some stages, I think he just means maybe dirt you will get like reds and on platforms blue, w/e you get th ideae

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
"(belongs in both char and stage threads so i put it here)"

...WHY??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom