• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Priority

Cacts

Smash Rookie
How are you supposed to win matchups where characters like mario or yoshi can just Nair there way into your space because your smash attacks clash with them? I know grabbing and pivot grabbing seams kind of obvious but sometimes you run out of room or just get out spaced, I recently played in a tourney and lost to a metaknght and sonic because they would just clash with me and beat me out of every option I could think of

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Well like you said you'll always clank, at that point you can do a few things. Shield/Dodge their attack then punish on that if possible. Make them hit a Pikmin that is out of your line, like with side-b to lag their attack giving you time to punish. Finally you could try to jump out of the way and catch them with an aerial as their move finishes. Nair is a nice move since it doesn't use a Pikmin and it will trade. The other moves can be good to hit them right as their move ends. Add this with the usual pivot grabs and whatnot, and it pretty much gives you a few ways to deal with attacks like this.

Top Bottom