• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar on 3DS...

Would you (an Olimar Main, Hopefully) suggest Olimar on the 3DS?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
Is there a point to playing Captain Olimar/Alph on the 3DS version of Smash 4? I keep hearing about Desynching issues with the Pikmin AI, and I'm wondering if there is a playstyle that perhaps mitigates it from happening. I really liked him in Brawl and do not have the spare funds yet for a WiiU to main him there (getting there though!).

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
Along with the desynching of his pikmin, the pikmin don't change from leaf to bud to flower. That is crucial because of how slow Olimars smash attacks come out in this game, and if it does little knockback/damage (I forgot what sprouting pikmin over time does, its one of those two) you are going to get punished and with his lightwieght he can't afford to be punished even at low percents. So no please don't use him on 3DS, use on the Wii-U version

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Along with the desynching of his pikmin, the pikmin don't change from leaf to bud to flower. That is crucial because of how slow Olimars smash attacks come out in this game, and if it does little knockback/damage (I forgot what sprouting pikmin over time does, its one of those two) you are going to get punished and with his lightwieght he can't afford to be punished even at low percents. So no please don't use him on 3DS, use on the Wii-U version
Sprouting has no effect on damage or knockback.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
its doesn't? I thought it did, guess its just my imagination

LWhiskersD

Smash Rookie
If you love playing Olimar, play Olimar. I pretty much exclusively play him on the 3DS and have about a 60% winrate on For Glory. Pikmin de-synch can sometimes mess up a combo, but so long as you've got your eyes on where each pikmin is at all times, you can use them with confidence, de-synch or not.

A quick down-b usually solves any problems, and puts you back into the fight.

Top Bottom