• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar mains: how am I even supposed to play against you?

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
I mained Olimar in Brawl but haven't touched him since. About 6-7 years later i finally see him occasionally, thing is, I have no clue how I'm supposed to play against him. Any tips some Olimar mains can share about how to fight him?

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Elaborate please?
If Olimar is knocked up into the air, then he has limited options to get back down to the ground, a weakness in his gameplan. His aerials clash with other aerials, but other aerials will be able to hit Olimar anyway. That leaves him only nair as an offensive option and airdodge, super armor whistle, upB fakeouts, and drifting to the ledge as defensive options, making it easier for him to juggle or force offstage play than other characters.

Top Bottom