• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar just got a little better.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Actually though, Pikmin grab for Olimar's grab, and I doubt they can just walk out into air to grab someone, maybe though, someone with the game look into this maybe? Another interesting point is Olimar is capable of grabbing about half the characters straight off the ledge they are holding. (See Echo's Guide) If grabbing them like this also takes away opponents second jump, it would be a very good tactic.

-True

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Actually though, Pikmin grab for Olimar's grab, and I doubt they can just walk out into air to grab someone, maybe though, someone with the game look into this maybe? Another interesting point is Olimar is capable of grabbing about half the characters straight off the ledge they are holding. (See Echo's Guide) If grabbing them like this also takes away opponents second jump, it would be a very good tactic.

-True
No the pikmin do not walk off the edge they stop at it just like you would assume.

Milk

Smash Rookie
I might have been seeing things but I could have swore that i grab some one off the edge with Olimar. I'm not posing any arguments or have any evidence to support it, it was just a smash moment where you had to see it to believe it. Of course i could be wrong.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
=X Please check Echo's guide for questions about Olimar you have first, its not even completed yet but truly is a wealth of information. You are correct you have seen characters grabbed off the ledge by pikmin, Echo recently confirmed it after it was noticed in a video, but he can only grab about half the characters in the game this way. We are not sure yet if the pikmin can grab characters with invincibility frames on the ledge, nor is it confirmed whether or not opponents thrown by this type of grab receive their second jump back or not. The actual list is in the guide I haven't memorized it yet =P

-True

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
Very nice. I think Olimar is going to be one of the best characters in he game, if he is used correctly.

Burumage

Smash Cadet
I think it sort of makes olimar worse. With his limited recovery, this could be used against olimar.

Top Bottom