• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar is top tier

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
Face it people, Olimar is top tier. He's the perfect camper, no matter how you approach him, he'll get you first. They all said that he would be low tier, hard to use, ect. but now, all you have to do is utilize is range, and he's basically invincible. if he's approaching you, then he can just throw a Pikmin, grab, throw up, upsmash, for massive damage, then camp again, face it people, find another main, Olimar is a noob character.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Ummm no this has been Known and just like snake if your a noob you suck with Olimar and give up on him!

AlbelsPanties

Smash Cadet
Worst topic ever. Learn to play the game. Olimar is very beatable, you just suck too much.

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
Tiers don't have an official decision yet, and "no matter what you do he'll get you first" sounds a bit more like an excuse than a reason to me :p

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
I always find it funny when people claim Olimar's ranged game is what's broken about him. I play far too many space animals to believe that. Olimar's not the one with a reflector and projectiles that have great range _and_ speed -- oh, and can't be killed with a single attack.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Top Tier? Nah, he's easy to throw off stages. Besides, who cares about tiers. Just have fun and play the game. Stop complaining that Olimar is cheap or a noob character, because the truth is, it takes time to actually be good with Olimar. Sure you can throw pikimin all day, but thats not going to help you if you do the same moves over and over again. The advanced player will surely find a way to punish you. I honestly believe the reason why people are being beaten by him all the time is becasue they're playing brawl as if they're playing melee.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't go so far as to call him Top Tier. I would call him High Tier, but that is it. And for the record, there is a sticky thread for tier discussion, some 100+ pages long. Go there, I come here to read about strategies, not old arguments about "(Insert Character) for top tier."

Also, if you really believe what you say, then I agree with Blade Knight and AlbelsPanties, you must not know how to play very well.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Face it people, Olimar is top tier. He's the perfect camper, no matter how you approach him, he'll get you first. They all said that he would be low tier, hard to use, ect. but now, all you have to do is utilize is range, and he's basically invincible. if he's approaching you, then he can just throw a Pikmin, grab, throw up, upsmash, for massive damage, then camp again, face it people, find another main, Olimar is a noob character.
I agree 100%, and my main is Olimar. IMO the only characters who have an easier time with Olimar is Metaknight and G & W. With Metaknight, practically all of his special moves cancel out the pikmin you throw at him. And while playing NoJ( top G & W of midwest right now) all he has to do is float in the air. Olimar isn't too good in the air, it is very easy to get juggled as olimar when your playing a smart opponent.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
lol have you guys ever used wolf against olimar?
Try that and come back saying hes "invincible!"

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
Olimar isnt "invincible" but stilll a good charcter. He has great smash attacks and b sticking with him is sooo good. Highest ill put him is high not top tier.

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
The only reason i say this is because i used olimar, and got so anoyed, nothing was a chalange. he's easy to combo with, and can easily gimp people. his pikmin are also broken in the fact that anyone of them can block any projectile, and his fsmash, placced right, can nock someone right off the edge. Maybe i was wrong in saying he was high tier... my brother may just suck at the game, this experence isn't from faceing olimar, it's cause he's my main. by the way, wolfs are really easy to beat, if you know how. Olimar can be good in the air too, is nair is a good combo starter

Gonzoyo

Smash Cadet
I agree 100%, and my main is Olimar. IMO the only characters who have an easier time with Olimar is Metaknight and G & W. With Metaknight, practically all of his special moves cancel out the pikmin you throw at him. And while playing NoJ( top G & W of midwest right now) all he has to do is float in the air. Olimar isn't too good in the air, it is very easy to get juggled as olimar when your playing a smart opponent.
I think this really says it. Olimar is definitely beatable. Wario kind of has a field day with him, if you know how to approach. You just have to not be stupid when coming at him, and know how to avoid his pikmin. You can toy with him in the air, once you pop him up there.

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
lets see here.

olimar gets killed with aerials
he flies far when hit
you need pikmin and can run out
^b can be gimped super easily

not top tier imo

Top Bottom