• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar help?

GotWater

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new here. (sorta...I've been registered for a while but just never logged in)

Anyway, I main Diddy, and a friend of mine mains Olimar, I have no problem comobing him, or edgeguarding him. The problem I have playing him is approach. He is able to 3-stock me b/c of how difficult it is for me to approach him.

The thing I've been doing for a while now is when he is side-b spamming I'll smash over B and kung fu kick through the pikmin and hit him, then I can combo him from there, but now hes able to see it coming and stop me in my tracks. :ohwell:

Oh, and bananas have stopped working as well. If I pull out a banana I usually end up dead b/c of it. :cry:

any help on approaching this monster of an Olimar would be greatly appreciated. :)

LoVer

Smash Cadet
If you're having trouble getting the bananas out, jump away from your opponent while still facing him. Low Toss the banana while doing this. This is how I get them out against spammers and against marth and other in-your-face characters.

You can even roll backward once you land. If he dashes to pick up the banana you've got an easy hit. If not he either can't approach, or he'll slip while trying.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Kill his Pikmin. Get him off the edge. Ledge hog gimp.

This is a basic strategy against all OH REE MAHS.

westtk40

Smash Rookie
When over B gets predictable, I like to do the over B without the kick and airdodge almost on top of olimar to avoid any attack (usually a Fsmash or Dsmash) Try to land behind him and do a Dsmash or a tilt right away. Diddy can swat almost all of olimars pikman throws simply by tapping A at the tight time, this is a great mindgame

Imp

Smash Apprentice
I have this problem as well, Olimar killed my Diddy last saturday at a tourny. It was pretty depressing, I had no clue how to approach since it was the first actual decent olimar I've played.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Try edgehogging so Olimar wont come back to the field. Olimar has a tough time with platfforms for some reason so if your in a platform. You fall down while using Diddy's fast fall Fair to take care of Olimar. Diddys Karate Kick should bypass all the pikmin and kill them single handedly.

As far as approaching olimar, set up 2 banana peels because Olimar will normally will pull out 3 more pikmin. Giving you more time to set up your strategy.

Hope that helps

Top Bottom