• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar-help please!

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
Most people who post "Help my character!" topics tend to lack skills, but what could you need help with?

I don't know Olimar well, so I'm just posting to let you know it's very impressive.

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
na man, you did pretty good... your metaknight opponent however...

he wasn't aggressive at all, he let you have time to do what you needed and get the kill... he NEVER grabbed and didnt even try to ledgeguard you (two of metaknights "I win" buttons vs olimar)

only thing I would improve on is when your coming back to the stage and metaknight is going to ledgeguard you, just whistle armor/air dodge his attacks and grab the ledge

keeper

Smash Champion
That MK isn't very intelligent when it comes to smash. He literally walked into your shield grabs.

My opinions:

You're too stagnant. Run more, walk less, more aerials, quicker moves overall would be nice as it make people try to keep up even if you aren't really doing much.

You're very predictable. It took me thirty seconds to start being able to say "Shield grab, pikmin toss, Usmash". Variation is your friend and it also comes into play with speed.

MightyRoar

Smash Rookie
you're not bad at all. i agree with keeper on this. keep moving and try being less predictable. also use your tilts more. olimar's tilts are good for spacing and set-ups (f-tilt to f-smash, d-tilt to up-smash, up-tilt to n-air, f-air,b-air, or up-air). plus, they also have a good amount of priority.

up smash out of shield is olimar's best friend. at 35 seconds into your video, there was a chance to land a KO. keep in mind that once a light character like metaknight reaches 100 - 120%, they're in range for an up smash KO from any pikmin that isn't white.

another thing, sometimes it's better to be really aggressive when your opponent is within KO percents. on your first stock, you took a lot of unnecessary damage before you finally KO'd Metaknight.

to help your survival rate when you're at high percents is to grab. olimar's grab range is longer than most other characters attacks. use that range to your advantage. once they're grabbed, either do an up or back throw. this will usually end in death for the opponent (when they at high percents also) if the pikmin that grabbed is purple or blue.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, have been improving lots lately thanks to these tips and Serpit's tips. :)

Top Bottom