• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar for Smash 5?

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
Hey guys, I am just wondering what you think should happen to Olimar if they ever come out with a new game. Should he be like he was in Brawl? Is he fine the way he is? Should he and Alph become clones? I would love to see your opinions.

I think Olimar should be more balanced of a character by having a maximum of 5 Pikmin and a maximum of one per each color. (So you could never have 2 Reds, 2 Yellows, etc.) Instead of having his whistle order Pikmin depending on how many times you blew the whistle beforehand it should just be the next one in your lineup so you can be more efficent. His up-b will not become a chain like in Brawl. Because of this, Winged Pikmin have their speed less affected by the amount of Pikmin in your squad but are not as fast with no Pikmin as they were in Smash 4 (Similar to Hardy Winged Pikmin but not entirely). This Olimar would be more campy, have more management, but a slightly worse recovery. His taunts should have the Pikmin animate too, that would be pretty cute.

Does my idea sound too OP? Is it bad?

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
The thought of being limited to one purple Pikmin disgust me.
Well, he does have the ability to always have one, anytime.
I love Purples, but they do not fit my slightly campier than most playstyle in huge numbers. IDK why, but I hate having more than 1 of each Pikmin. (In Brawl it was OK though because SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM)

And cmon, the new taunts would be cool...

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
It's a bit early to be thinking about, but sure, I'll pitch in.
TBH, just reverting him back to how he was in Brawl would be fine to me. I liked him a lot in Brawl, so annoyed with the changes in Smash 4, especially since his new Pikmin AI is pretty awful.
But, that's unlikely, so...

- Rock Pikmin (Annoyed they weren't in Smash 4, really.).

- Louie, the President, Brittany and Charlie as playable alt. costumes. (Charlie is pretty great. Jus' sayin'.)

- Couple of replacement taunts that fit the series better.

- BUFF SOLIMAR.

- No duplicate Pikmin. Hate ending up with 2/3 of the same Pikmin and having to waste time launching them offstage to get the one I want. Just sayin'.

- I'd honestly like to see whistle and pluck be one special input so that Neutral-B can be free to be a new move, maybe even bring back Pikmin Chain. I loved that move, honestly. I'd make tap-Down-B to whistle them, hold-Down-B to pluck.

- More Pikmin in que (Back to 5? Maybe just 4?). Use of flying Pikmin changed so you can only carry 1/2 of those Pikmin back with you. Combined with bringing back Pikmin Chain as a Neutral-B, I think it would improve Oilmar's recovery mix-ups, and give people a chance to recover without Pikmincide if they don't want/need to.

- D-tilt needs the antennae hitbox from Brawl back. :glare: This made me unneccisarily mad, I'm serious.

- New U-tilt (even if it's just new animation). It still being similar to his N-air kind of annoys me really. A little unnecisarily so.

Well, I ask for too much, it seems... Okay. :lick:

[Edit]: OMFG BULBMIN.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I would like to have Brawl Olimar and Smash4 Alph in Smash5 as two seperate characters. Both of them have their differences and they wouldn't even be that cloney after all. I mean Olimar has more Pikmin, a worse recovery and so on. Alph has less Pikmin, therefore the order is more easy to deal with and his recovery is better. So they share similarities in playstyle, but Pikmin management is a whole different story in my opinion.
Alph could also as Conn1496 already said have rock Pikmin instead of purple Pikmin(perhaps having more knockback for Pikmin throw but less knockback for smashes than purple Pikmin; more range for smashes than purples while less range as the other Pikmin colors) The president could then be an Olimar alt while Charlie and Brittany could be Alph alts.

Top Bottom