• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Player coming back

UraharaHatPasta

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am an old player of brawl, I haven't played in almost 7 months. Diddy Kong was always my favorite choice, and I only played friendlies with some local friends. I did pretty well, and read up a lot of the stuff on this board back in the day, and usually only had trouble against Marth and Fox against my friends. I'm picking it back up for fun, and looking to improve my game and add some new tricks up my sleeve. I have been practicing the glide tossing, and manage to get it pretty well, but I can't seem to dribble completely yet. I end up just throwing it down and turning around after 3-4 dribbles. Anyways, going off on a tangent, there. Just wanting to say hello, and ask how the hell do I break my air dodging habit after getting hitstun? I know I need to be using bair, but it's a bad habit and I keep using air dodge, any pointers about that?

UraharaHatPasta

Smash Rookie
I don't know, I saw in the stickies that a bair is better. At least for Diddy Kong, I haven't read Ness or Lucas, the only other 2 people I pick.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Well welcome back! Even though you're only coming back for fun you should still consider attending tournaments since they're the best way to improve your game, learn new techniques and tricks and meet new people and make friends. Smash actually has a really friendly community imo.

I'm a Diddy player myself and Glide Tossing was one of the techniques I learned but don't worry that you can't consistently dribble, you'll get the hang of it! But I hardly dribble lol.

As for your bad habit, I had the same problem and only broke the habit earlier this year. Just take your finger off your shield button I guess? I didn't have that much of a hard time breaking out of it really. It just comes naturally with time imo.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Smash Bros!

Top Bottom