• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Melee Player, New to Competitive Scene

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm very new to the competitive scene. I used to play this game religiously years ago before my copy of Melee broke (fixed now, thankfully). I have a friend who got me back into the game and convinced me to learn how to play competitively. I'll be in the Lancaster, SC area early June. I'll be looking for a partner to practice with and to hopefully attend some tourneys!
So far my mains are Mario and Falco, but I enjoy Fox, CF, Roy, and Kirby as well.
I have SHFFLing down quite well (at least with Falco) and am working on using wavedashing more effectively during combat. The rest of the techniques I'm still learning and working on, and any tips are certainly appreciated.
So far I'm really enjoying the competitive Smash scene, and I hope that I can get better and get into it. I've heard the SC Smash scene is weak which is a bit worrying to me.
Thanks for the welcome, and hopefully I'll see you sometime at a tourney :)

-Altanic

Top Bottom