• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, so Doubles is my favorite aspect of the Smash Series

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
And IC is my favorite character but needless to say, they aren't very good doubles characters. How can I make them good?

From what I've gathered:
1. I can't be all willy-nilly with Blizzard like I am in 1v1s
2. I need to focus twice as much as the rest of the combatants to prevent Nana from being gimped.
3. I'm still kinda generally safe even if I grab my teammate by mistake because Nana's free to somewhat punish their attempt at punishing me. Still, try not to grab your teammate.
4. Grabbing both players on the opposite team at the same time= a double Dthrow chaingrab across FD into an Fsmash/Dtilt. Those feel gooood. Now hog the edge and have your team mate got for the edgeguard.
5. I'm generally SCREWED in 2v1s because one player focuses on killing Nana and the other player ***** my SoPo.
6. Getting a grab off, as expected, is still pretty devestating. Still maybe not the stock loss it is in 1v1s because the other teammate can stop everything.

So what can I do? Help me make IC a viable doubles character!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The #1 ranked team on MLG online is a IC/Wolf team. >_>.

Some useful tips:

-Use synched squall alot.
-Check out my speedgrabbing video. This really helps in team
- Learn grab combos that damage fast. Downthrow fair to squall is an example of this.
- Ftilt and Dtilt a lot.

Etc.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Landing a grab can have value in teams even though you probably can't pull off a big chaingrab with it. Obviously the guy you grabbed will be asking his teammate for help, and this can break his rhythm (like if he had your own teammate in a really bad position). If the teammate arrives to break the chaingrab, you can just throw your opponent in his face which might create an opening for your own teammate to do some damage.

Other than that, the ICs range and priority are really useful in teams. Blizzard and squall in particular are great for getting your teammate out of tricky situations.

ICs aren't as good in teams as they were in Melee but they are still solid.

Miller

Smash Lord
The #1 ranked team on MLG online is a IC/Wolf team. >_>.

Some useful tips:

-Use synched squall alot.
-Check out my speedgrabbing video. This really helps in team
- Learn grab combos that damage fast. Downthrow fair to squall is an example of this.
- Ftilt and Dtilt a lot.

Etc.
First off, Online and Offline are completely different
Second off, the only reason they're up there is probably because the play the most, or have the most time to play

Top Bottom