• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok, how do you even fight this oveerated little twink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Villager

Smash Rookie
I'm serious. I'm a competitive player. My win rate is in the 80s. I have virtually NO trouble fighting any character even when I play as Palutena or Wii fit Trainer(s)

But I have absolutely no idea how to fight this fan service twink fresh from helix studios whose sole purpose is to advertise the new upcoming final fantasy 7 remake. (not like they added him because he's an actual nintendo character)

I've tried everything. I can easily take out the less experienced players, but Cloud is such a well rounded character, I see no flaws to him, nothing he does wrong that I can exploit. He has minimal landing lag, INCREDIBLY STRONG ATTACKS / COMBOS. And his limit breaks are honestly broken to the point where I just give up halfway through the match.

I main Villager, Wii fit trainer, Duck Hunt, Bowser JR, and sometimes Palutena.

dear lord please help

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
...Maybe you should try reading one of the many, many, MANY help threads that already exist here on the Cloud boards.

Tasty Villager

Smash Rookie
...Maybe you should try reading one of the many, many, MANY help threads that already exist here on the Cloud boards.
gee! why didn't i think of that!

oh wait. it's because i did and not a single one of those 77 threads had the specific data i needed for the characters that I main. the only thread that came close is one called "how to deal with cloud?" which is heavily centered around fighting him for pacman / toon link players and follows THEIR perspective.

or the other threads that do somewhat touch on this topic give very vague, general guides that aren't character specific enough to help me.

or if there are threads that specifically focus on wii fit, villager, bowser jr, and palutena fighting cloud, i didn't look through them because the titles weren't specific for those characters, or it wasn't brought up in the discussion until many, many pages and replies later.

so do forgive me if i didn't think to click many of the vague thread titles which include typical final fantasy puns or words, names, places. such as "7th heaven, cloud guide q&a!!!"

if you're more than willing to post this reply, at least link me to whatever it is you're talking about. thanks.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
gee! why didn't i think of that!

oh wait. it's because i did and not a single one of those 77 threads had the specific data i needed for the characters that I main. the only thread that came close is one called "how to deal with cloud?" which is heavily centered around fighting him for pacman / toon link players and follows THEIR perspective.

or the other threads that do somewhat touch on this topic give very vague, general guides that aren't character specific enough to help me.

or if there are threads that specifically focus on wii fit, villager, bowser jr, and palutena fighting cloud, i didn't look through them because the titles weren't specific for those characters, or it wasn't brought up in the discussion until many, many pages and replies later.

so do forgive me if i didn't think to click many of the vague thread titles which include typical final fantasy puns or words, names, places. such as "7th heaven, cloud guide q&a!!!"

if you're more than willing to post this reply, at least link me to whatever it is you're talking about. thanks.

You haven't looked hard enough apparently, because there are tons of places that will tell you the same : His recovery without limit is complete garbage so gimp him off stage. Or repeatedly smack him when he tries to recover because there are very few persons ho try to sweetspot the up-b, because it doesn't ledge snap at any points...except the start-up. Meaning if they fall like 2 cm too far they will miss the recovery. And if they do not sweetspot it, they will overshoot the ledge where you can just smash them into the void over and over again.

Try that.

Tasty Villager

Smash Rookie
You haven't looked hard enough apparently, because there are tons of places that will tell you the same : His recovery without limit is complete garbage so gimp him off stage. Or repeatedly smack him when he tries to recover because there are very few persons ho try to sweetspot the up-b, because it doesn't ledge snap at any points...except the start-up. Meaning if they fall like 2 cm too far they will miss the recovery. And if they do not sweetspot it, they will overshoot the ledge where you can just smash them into the void over and over again.

Try that.
>says to look harder, claiming there is more in depth guides which cater specifically to my mains.
>doesn't provide links or names of the threads in question.

thanks for the rest tho

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
User was warned for this post
Maybe if you weren't being such a passive-aggressive ****, and actually posted in something like, say the social discussions area, you'd get a better response.

I'm gonna be the harsh one here, but dude. Get good.

Last edited:

Tasty Villager

Smash Rookie
Maybe if you weren't being such a passive-aggressive ****, and actually posted in something like, say the social discussions area, you'd get a better response.

I'm gonna be the harsh one here, but dude. Get good.
i've literally only used this forum on one other occasion. sorry if i don't know what the proper forums are to sift through.

and all i did was ask for those who posted to at least send me links to the forums they keep talking about. but ok then.

and i'm not passive aggressive. at most i was being sarcastic to the first poster who didn't tell me anything i didn't all ready know or tried. because obviously if you're going to tell someone to "look in x forum" but not give a link to it, then what's the point of even posting. esp when all of the threads have vague titles that don't relate to what i'm looking for.

ps: i am trying to "get good" which is the sole reason why i even posted this. :/

Last edited:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I'm serious. I'm a competitive player. My win rate is in the 80s. I have virtually NO trouble fighting any character even when I play as Palutena or Wii fit Trainer(s)

But I have absolutely no idea how to fight this fan service twink fresh from helix studios whose sole purpose is to advertise the new upcoming final fantasy 7 remake. (not like they added him because he's an actual nintendo character)

I've tried everything. I can easily take out the less experienced players, but Cloud is such a well rounded character, I see no flaws to him, nothing he does wrong that I can exploit. He has minimal landing lag, INCREDIBLY STRONG ATTACKS / COMBOS. And his limit breaks are honestly broken to the point where I just give up halfway through the match.

I main Villager, Wii fit trainer, Duck Hunt, Bowser JR, and sometimes Palutena.

dear lord please help
Well, here's one thing, Wii Fit, Duck Hunt, BJ and Palutena are all fairly low on the tier list for a reason. They're laggy, get comboed hard, and have unreliable kill games. This less for Bowser JR than the others, but still applies.

Now watch some battles where Cloud decisively loses, it's against good aggro characters that exploit his small amount of lag and can break out of combo games. Sonic, Sheik, ZSS, good Marios who understand how to play late game. Characters like that.

The closest thing you have in your arsenal is Villager, who can play aggro, but typically doesn't. Watch Cree if you want to see some good Villager Passive/Aggro stuff.

But to be completely honest, I was (and still am) a Yoshi main that picked up Cloud to beat aggro Villagers like my sparring partner for the exact reasons you said.

If you want to know the honest truth, you have too many mains that don't cover each others options. Most of your mains typically lose to the same type of characters, and have such similar mindsets for the opponent that it requires little adaptation from Cloud. Plus, having 5 mains means you're spreading out your base of knowledge from "expertise" to only as good as "very good." Don't get me wrong, it's great that you know so many characters, but if you can't even claim your main as 1 or 2 characters, it only tells me you're uncomfortable with dedication to 1 character, and that when you lose, you'd rather switch it up to a new character than adapt to why you lost on the same character.

My full and completely honest suggestion. Pick 2 of those characters. Play as those. Don't really care which ones, though some will serve you better than others. Put the other 3 away for friendlies, or training or only when you NEED them, and pick up a character that wins tournies. Pick up a character that wins against the ones who beat your characters. Decide to do Wii Fit? Okay, good, she's unique and hard to predict, but what's your play against Sheik? That's just an example, but I think that'll serve you better in the long run.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
If I can offer a really general piece of advice I've learned from fighting Cloud to this point, it's that you CAN slow the pace of the match down by shielding a lot if you feel like you're in danger. Cloud has no kill throws nor throw combos aside from some situational ones at low percents, so as long as you're vigilant for shieldbreaks and air chases off Uthrow, you can remain safe for a very large amount of time and hopefully devise a good gameplan.

If we're talking online though then you're kinda screwed. (Since it sounds like you're talking about FG records?) Big sword characters are top tier when there's lag out and about lol

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
i've literally only used this forum on one other occasion. sorry if i don't know what the proper forums are to sift through.

and all i did was ask for those who posted to at least send me links to the forums they keep talking about. but ok then.

and i'm not passive aggressive. at most i was being sarcastic to the first poster who didn't tell me anything i didn't all ready know or tried. because obviously if you're going to tell someone to "look in x forum" but not give a link to it, then what's the point of even posting. esp when all of the threads have vague titles that don't relate to what i'm looking for.

ps: i am trying to "get good" which is the sole reason why i even posted this. :/
Not that we condone any of the behavior in this thread to begin with ("git gud" post especially), but hardly anyone is going to take sarcasm over the Internet with smiling faces and open arms. Especially when you open up with calling the character of people you're trying to get advice from "an overrated twink," which would get you warned in just about any forum.

As for your criticism of titles of threads not being specific enough, every single character board does something similar, not just this one. That being said, it really shouldn't be that difficult to scope out key words like "Q&A thread," much less recognize the sticky'd threads at the top are there for a reason.

http://smashboards.com/threads/how-does-one-cure-motion-sickness-cloud-q-a-thread.423326/

This would be the thread where you'd go to ask any specific question/get advice on character match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom