• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oil Panic and Samus Missiles

8grit

Smash Rookie
I don't get how links bombs, among other things, can be directly absorbed with OP, but NONE of Samus' missiles can. Am I missing something? It makes very little sense

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Welcome to the boards! Just a friendly reminder, questions like these can simply be asked on one of our main, bigger threads.

Pertaining to your question, they just can't. It's programmed that way. Be thankful that you can at least absorb Link's bombs, it wasn't like that in previous games.

Also in Brawl, I believe :4gaw: also couldn't absorb anything of Snake's, either. So maybe :4gaw: isn't supposed to absorb these types of things.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
We couldn't absorb any explosives in Melee/Brawl, so that's kind of a moot point. There are still a few explosions that we can't bucket (notably Mechakoopas and the Clown Car explosion from Bowser Jr.) but there are a couple of items that, while we can't absorb on a direct hit, we can absorb if they explode passively. Those include Villager's Lloid Rocket, Duck Hunt's Trick Shot can, and (randomly) his clay pigeon. I'm guessing it has to do with Oil Panic technically being canceled before the item explodes (but I'm not totally sure about that).

Top Bottom