• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh wow you guys are good at this game... heyo everyone

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
So yeah sup everyone. New to the forums and still a filthy casual in SSB, but I'm looking to change that! So yeah, uhh, I'll share a little bit about myself and this game.

So I grew up without the original SSB on the N64 and just missed growing up with Melee ( parents didn't want their 4 year old me to play a "T" rated game, which is understandable), so I'm sorry to say but I only have experience with Brawl. I started playing Brawl at another friends house and just after a few days of playing it I decided to get a copy of my own in late 2008. It never got old and never once collected dust. Now, I'm sorry to say but I was just playing for fun, so I used the wiimote and nunchuck. I got used to that format and it was very difficult to switch to the GC controller at the start, but I adapted pretty quickly and don't really want to go back.

When I started playing I used Snake religiously and never wanted to be anyone else. No reason behind picking him when I was playing for fun, just thought that he looked cool and had a good final smash. Now, I switch on and off between Lucario and Marth. I mainly play as Lucario though because I suck at dodging and rack up the percentage pretty quickly. Fortunately Lucario gives more damage that way and I become pretty good at playing at a higher percentage. I'm still figuring both of them out.

As far as how well I play.... Haahaha, yeah, I look like used toilet paper compared to you people. I have no tournament or advanced experience whatsoever (although that will be something I'd like to do in the future) and can barely scrape by beating a level 9 CPU. God I just feel embarrassed saying something like that here, which leads me to why I'm here. I want to get better. I know it's a very cliche thing to say, but that's pretty much the jist of it. An added bonus is to meet awesome new people.

Outside of this game I'm a teenage kid who has some hobbies which include aspiring to become a better artist and photographer. I started a goal this summer for me to draw something every day. I've been at it for about three weeks now and really have no idea if I'm getting better. As for photography, I shoot shots as much as I can, whether that be sports or animal life. Thankfully most all of my expensive photo toys have been donated by my pro photographer relative, so I'm not broke in the bank. (I would show you some pictures, but I can't post links).

But so yeah, I feel really f***ing embarrassed saying all of this in the presence of some Jebus good players, but I'll be hanging around these forums. Hello everyone.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Trust me centauri, the videos you may watch don't reflect the skills of the majority of the players here. The percentage of high-top level players is much smaller compared to the low-mid level players (the majority), so don't feel discouraged/embarrassed :)

You can look at this guide to playing Smash competitively for help if you're interested though.

And your goals of becoming a better artist and photographer are nice. I appreciate art in all forms :D

Other than all that, welcome to our community here at Smashboards! Hope you enjoy your stay.

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
Haha, thank you for the kind words and reassuring my thoughts on the people on this forum. I have a tendency to be a little harsh on myself. I will definitely check out that link, thank you for helping out and greeting all these new people!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, being tough/harsh on yourself is nothing new. It's not uncommon for people to feel a bit overwhelmed when jumping into something new (in this case competitive Smash) where the community is rather large. I'm sure you'll end up surprising yourself with how quickly you can develop overtime with practice. Some people can literally go from being a low-decent level player to the top of mid-high level in a matter of months, it's crazy. As for others, it'll take a bit more time if you're not a "natural" or quick learner, but that doesn't mean you can't reach that level as well.

And aw, it's no problem. Always a pleasure :)

Top Bottom