• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offstage Chain Kamikaze?

TRb

Smash Cadet
There are situations where you get a spacie offstage and due to percentages you want to get the stock at the expense of your own. I've usually gone with the "nair in their firefox" again and again until they're dead or something but this seems like a legit use for the chain. It has a long distance and crazy hitstun. Is this a decent idea or am I crazy?

benny liquid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-8207-6820
youre giving away your entire stock guaranteed for the possibility of hitting them with your worst attack. the hitbox of the aerial version starts above sheik, and takes a while to give you any analog control (plus its extremely weak). youre just crazy man

yttik

it's super yolo but i guess it's something? chaining the ledge when you're stocks ahead is way better though.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
When I attempted to make this work, it failed pretty miserably. They can basically up b immediately after you hit them with the chain, and you fall too fast to be able to hit them multiple times and drag them with you. The only situations where it might work are situations in which hitting them a few pixels further away from the ledge will prevent them from reaching it. If you really want to use the chain for edgeguards, you're going to have to stay on stage and cover the ledge with it.

TRb

Smash Cadet
When I attempted to make this work, it failed pretty miserably. They can basically up b immediately after you hit them with the chain, and you fall too fast to be able to hit them multiple times and drag them with you. The only situations where it might work are situations in which hitting them a few pixels further away from the ledge will prevent them from reaching it. If you really want to use the chain for edgeguards, you're going to have to stay on stage and cover the ledge with it.
Yeah I did too. It works wonders on the CPU though :(

I was hoping for this to be a swag way to kamakazi -- kinda like Falcon's offstage side-b but whatever.

Top Bottom