• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Officiel Nintendo Wii U GC controller adapter issues

Li Xingke

Smash Rookie
Hi there,

I'm trying to play P:M online using dolphin. I bought the official adapter and first tried to download and install the drivers for the adapter made by massive. It didn't quite work and I ended up getting a message (after a 100% successfull installation) that GCN USB Feeder stopped working. I can't make it work, I tried different things (including running through compatibility mode w7 and running as Admin).

Are the drivers needed or is the native Dolphin official adapter support enough ? Is there any input lag difference with/without the driver ?

Now my biggest problem : I got my Brawl ISO, I can play it with my GC controller quite fine BUT when trying to config the GC controller via Dolphin Controller Config pannel, I don't have as much choices as everybody else have. No matter how long I tried to find a solution on the web, aybody having any issues with dolphin still has many choices for the device.
I can only chose DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse. I have nothing such as Gamepad or something else, DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse is the one and only input device I can select in the menu.

TLDR; I can't find GCPad as device input, I only have DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse and that's it.

What can I do ?

Sorry for my terrible english, I'm French :)

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Native support has significantly less lag and has 100% accurate controller mappings. It's ideal, however wii games don't sync on netplay properly. There is an update being put in make them sync, and some people are netplaying on the test build for the update and that seems to work. If you want to use the adapter without native support (for example on 4.0-652) you must use the vJoy driver. http://m4sv.com/page/wii-u-gcn-usb-driver

Li Xingke

Smash Rookie
Thank you for your answer.

The thing is : I have issues with my C-sticks and analog sticks, sometimes they feel verry unresponsive with native support and I can't install Vjoy drivers... What can I do to fix this issue ?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Thank you for your answer.

The thing is : I have issues with my C-sticks and analog sticks, sometimes they feel verry unresponsive with native support and I can't install Vjoy drivers... What can I do to fix this issue ?
If you are using direct connect, it will be accurate to the gamecube. If you're using the gc pad settings, you may need to up the radius to 100. Direct connect is what you should use.

Top Bottom