• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Waddle Dee/Doo/Gordo odds from Dojo

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
"King Dedede’s side special move, the Waddle Dee Throw, tosses out a Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, or occasionally a Gordo. The ratio that determines the frequency with which each one appears is 35:10:4 respectively. "

-www.smashbros.com

I remember a lot of people were testing to determine this, and the update from the dojo today gives us the official numbers. Seems pretty close to the general consensus prior to this update.

Edit: In case anyone wants to know the conversion to percentages it's:
~71.43% Dee
~20.41% Doo
~8.16% Gordo

Vet

Smash Cadet
I just found this myself and was about to post it. This is good information for the board and should make people stop wondering when they will get a gordo :-p

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
But of course these are only ODDS! The more then likely sketch, not always the LAW! I once got two Gordo's in a row, missed with both of them... But it was still cool to know I did it!
4 in 49 odds don't mean you will necessarrily always throw 4 Gordos in 49 throws (or 1 in 12.25 throws). Just the fact that they are odds should already imply that they aren't 'law'.

Incidentally the probability of throwing 2 Gordo's in 2 throws is:

4/49 * 4/49 = 0.006663890045796

(~0.67%)

Or about 1 in every 150 sets of 2 throws.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Well after looking at the odds for gordos, looks like it isn't all that bad...

Though I wonder if the capsule is the "1" missing (from summing up the doos, dees and gordos odds to 50)...

d >_>b...

yossarian22

Smash Journeyman
But of course these are only ODDS! The more then likely sketch, not always the LAW! I once got two Gordo's in a row, missed with both of them... But it was still cool to know I did it!
Eh, what?
Its probability. You can't predict an individual outcomes. That is the whole bloody point of probability theory. Predicting what happens in the long run, but never an individual outcome.

edit: whoops. Totally misread the chart.

DarkHalo

Smash Rookie
Well after looking at the odds for gordos, looks like it isn't all that bad...

Though I wonder if the capsule is the "1" missing (from summing up the doos, dees and gordos odds to 50)...

d >_>b...
That isn't how ratios work at all buddy...

Sythe

Smash Rookie
Anyone want to calculate the odds of someone throwing 2 smash balls in a row (nearly)?

Happened today when i was playing with a friend.
We had all items set to none, and he was D3 and I was.... D3 as well :p Anyway, halfway through the match he threw out a smash ball, and then a wdee, and then another smash ball... I got them both :p

Top Bottom