• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Official Pre-release Ike Video Thread*** (Now new and improved!)

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids, there's some odd music on that earthbound stage. O.o and that ike wasn't very impressive, but he's probably better than me, and he held up and won a few times. Man DDD has an insane chain grab...

anywho yay Ike blah blah he looks faster blah blah, sweetness!

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Nice vids, there's some odd music on that earthbound stage. O.o and that ike wasn't very impressive, but he's probably better than me, and he held up and won a few times. Man DDD has an insane chain grab...

anywho yay Ike blah blah he looks faster blah blah, sweetness!
The Ike player was Masashi, the second best Marth in Japan. So Ike was probably a bit of an adjustment for him, as they're played a lot differently. He was actually trying to do SHFFL Forward Airs with Ike. :laugh:

Dedede's chain grab is pretty effing good. But you could see Masashi already figuring out ways to escape it in the 5th match.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
The Ike player was Masashi, the second best Marth in Japan. So Ike was probably a bit of an adjustment for him, as they're played a lot differently. He was actually trying to do SHFFL Forward Airs with Ike. :laugh:

Dedede's chain grab is pretty effing good. But you could see Masashi already figuring out ways to escape it in the 5th match.
wow... I'll have to look him up in melee vids to se what he's normally like.

but I could see how that would mess him up. My friend mains marth and is pretty good, but if he even switches to roy his skill gets cut in half.

I didn't see him using too many grabs himself, like he used them, but not as much as he could have... maybe cus ddd's grab range is wider. Also I never saw him counter... or down moves... it seemed like bot hof them were kinda usign the same move just cus they worked instead of finding new ones... or maybe i just missed em.

Gah! I still wanna see that green costuem in action. :(

GenG

Smash Lord
There's certainly a lack of variety, but Masashi tried to pop up Dedede for a finishing uair all the time. I would've used more forward B, counter and aether (for anti air purposes).

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I don't think Ike is anywhere near as bad as Gimpyfish made him out to be, I think Gimpyfish just wasn't used to the controllers, and sucked at using him.

I like Gimpy, but I just think he really over exaggerated here.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Ike is anywhere near as bad as Gimpyfish made him out to be, I think Gimpyfish just wasn't used to the controllers, and sucked at using him.

I like Gimpy, but I just think he really over exaggerated here.
At e for all ike had invisible lag, and they removed it after e for all.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
That's because they fixed him after e for all which was where we were getting all our info from.
WRONG! we just believed what the people who went there said. We never actually saw any good footage of him so all we did was believe the words of the people who went. I never believed them once, because if they were all playing every character equally, they would have only played ike 7% of the time they were there and couldnt have assessed that he "sucked" at 1v1 or anything at all. And if they did play ike more than that than it would be unfair to other characters. So either someone is lying or are making a wrong assessment due to their inexperiance with ike

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
WRONG! we just believed what the people who went there said. We never actually saw any good footage of him so all we did was believe the words of the people who went. I never believed them once, because if they were all playing every character equally, they would have only played ike 7% of the time they were there and couldnt have assessed that he "sucked" at 1v1 or anything at all. And if they did play ike more than that than it would be unfair to other characters. So either someone is lying or are making a wrong assessment due to their inexperiance with ike
Well, let's just agree to disagree. There's no point in arguing over something like this, you can't prove or disprove either of our arguments.

Lukannon

Smash Rookie
You're stupid. Don't boil things down to your narrow-minded view of reality. Gimpy had no reason to lie, and inexperience doesn't account for lag. Beyond that, the entire point of that thread was 'initial impressions,' not 'an in-depth analysis of the characters.'

Is it hard to grasp the concept of 'fixing something after a demo?' Or are you just so mistrustful and seated in your own intelligence that you can't believe what others say by default?

Albeit the fact that there WAS footage of him.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
ive got 3 vids of my ike comin up that u shud add. Its a good start to see how ike mains shud fight fox, marth, and metaknite. ill post them soon.

Ike vs marth is very hard.

Ike vs fox just space well and you got this use the jab alot.

Ike vs meta knight space well, grab alot, jab alot and you got it.

bcareful using ikes fsmash if u use it do plan to hit with it.

Top Bottom