• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ONP Moveset Speculation

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Hmm pull a pikmin from the ground seems obvious.

edit:
Sakurai said:
Without Pikmin, Olimar can’t even do a Smash Attack.
I'm guessing his smash attacks involve hitting people with pikmin.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I meant his OFFICIAL moveset speculation. As in making them up.

So, wouldn't this hinder his abilities?

Wouldn't he need to stay a far distance from the normal fray to merely summon Pikmin?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
his down B is going to be plucking Pikmin, and he'll need at least one out to do any attacks, i'm sure of it. the longer the pikmin stay out, the more powerful they will become, too. and i imagine a good Olimar user is going to be really good at keeping the Pikmin alive. personally, i think that's a really cool gimmick.

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
his down B is going to be plucking Pikmin, and he'll need at least one out to do any attacks, i'm sure of it. the longer the pikmin stay out, the more powerful they will become, too. and i imagine a good Olimar user is going to be really good at keeping the Pikmin alive. personally, i think that's a really cool gimmick.
Agreed, especially about the coolness of the gimmick.

I think his Ultra-Bitter Spray (which turns enemies to stone) will make an appearance as his B or Forward-B. It might work as a disable like Mewtwo or Donkey Kong's Forward-Bs from Melee. :)

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Bv= Plucking Pikmins
B>= Throwing them.
B=?
B^=?

Red: Fire Damage
Blue: Ice Damage
Yellow: Electric Damage
Purple: Double Damage
White: Poison damage. And will poison the opponent.. so like Lip's flower.. you gradually loses health for some seconds..

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I think his b might be to pluck pikmin. Think about kirby, if kirby absorbs olimar i think it should get the ability to pull pikmin.

Eagle

Smash Lord
But thinking about Kirby would lead you to believe that it wouldn't be his B. Because when Kirby pulls them out what does he do? He can't do anything because he has his own smash attacks, final smash, specials, smashes, etc.

I think Olimar will be able to press A to do a small weak punch without the need of a Pikmin because he was able to do that in his games.

Pigking2020

Smash Rookie
I am hoping that each Pikmin carries with it some type of stylized visual and damage effects. Such as the red hits fire, yellow electricity, blue water, purple physical, and white physical. Not only that though, I hope that each hits harder/weaker. Such as the purple hitting the hardest (guess why), then the red (they are suppose to be the fighting type pikmin) then blue and yellow equally followed by the little whites. However, to make up for their lack of knock back and damage the whites should also poison( a trait they should have).

Not only that but it would be neat if they were able to be thrown at an enemy then attach themselves and hit. These are just a couple of things I could see him doing. Also something with his whistle, that definitely needs to be utilized.

Cornbread

Smash Rookie
I think Olimar will have terrible range and priority without his pikmin and no smash attacks. With 2-3 pikmin he will be decent with 5 pikmin he would be Broken. This is a perfect system, if your good at spacing you can get a definate advantage with captain olimar.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think he's going to have some nice range and priority, due solely to the fact that the he wields the Pikmin like a sword in times, granting him distance that people like Link and Marth have/had, and it seems like the Pikmin follow him around. So in that Fair/Nair picture from above, the Pikmin behind him would take the damage from an attack from behind before he does!

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
i dont think his Neutral B attack will have anything to do with Pikmin though. I mean it has to be an attack that Kirby can copy!

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I reckon B will be the spray, just so Kirby can use it. And I doubt that PIkmin would have any special effects, since the first three only had resistances to fire, water and electric (And yellow could be thrown higher, red were the best fighters, etc). These will be very hard to implement in ame, and looking at their character models, it doesn't seem they have muc detail with them. I reckon they SHOULD have effects, like G&W's hammer thing, but I doubt it. =[ UpB I expect is the top part of the ship on Pikmin 2,he could grab it and get carried up. Down B would be pluck, side B would be Throw, and if the pikmin hits someone, it clings and does continuous damage until it falls off/dies (they have stamina I assume). If they miss, they probably return to Olimar, or just stay still until Olimar/an enemy approach.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
You know this thread will probably last until the next update, right?
Let's hope he won't show us all of his moves ;)

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I think his b might be to pluck pikmin. Think about kirby, if kirby absorbs olimar i think it should get the ability to pull pikmin.
What might be an awesome twist and give Kirby advantage over Olimar is... once Kirby inhales Olimar he steals his Pikmin with it, handicapping Olimar till he plucks more. However, once Kirby loses his Pikmin, he loses the hat, or if Kirby loses the hat without losing the Pikmin, the Pikmin will either meander, rejoin Olimar, or commit suicide.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Even though, I expect alot of pages. It's 12:00PM ET!

Anyway, I think:

B - Bitter Spray
B-Side - Pikmin Toss
B-Down - Pikmin Pluck
B-Up - Pikmin Rope

The B-up wold be that the Pikmins would climb on eachother and Olimar would hold them, for Tether Recoverys. More Pikmins the better.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Even though, I expect alot of pages. It's 12:00PM ET!

Anyway, I think:

B - Bitter Spray
B-Side - Pikmin Toss
B-Down - Pikmin Pluck
B-Up - Pikmin Rope

The B-up wold be that the Pikmins would climb on eachother and Olimar would hold them, for Tether Recoverys. More Pikmins the better.
Woah. Pikmin Rope sounds so clever and sexy I can totally see it in game.

I think his B will be the whistle. Once a Pikmin gets knocked off or thrown, it just kinda... stands there and waits. You have to whistle them back to you with his B. Since Kirby has no use for that, it can also temporarily flinch opponents within a certain radius of Olimar. There's my two cents.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
You know this thread will probably last until the next update, right?
Let's hope he won't show us all of his moves ;)

if i know sakurai right he gonna reveal the moveset tomorrow(wroten wednesday 9th jan)
just to piss you of and cause he has done it like that before(mostly cause he want to piss you of, CAUSE HE IS EVIL, but he is making the best game ever in the worlds history and........)

Oh its an moveset speculation thread.
well cause of olimars expected lack of weight and the fact that he is as dead without pikmins he has to be a metaknight with good smash attacks.

and the Bs. well everything you guys say make sense to me in exception that Neutral B is going to be something with the pikmins.

Top Bottom