• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ness Combo Thread

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
bair combos into bair >.>

Unsweetspotted bair combos into unsweetspotted bair which combos into bair.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Tsuki's combo work pretty well, but I prefer to start it with dair... Just for brawl, obviously.

XD

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Dair is too good in general.

It seems, according to Simna, that PKT tailwhip now combos into PKT2. If the oppoonent is above you in the air, and you are also in the air, if you can tailwhip them with the PKT, the tailwhip is long enough that the stun will allow you to pull off a complete PKT2 into them inescapably.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
uhhh....
i think that was Ness's body + the tail whip, which is double stun....
but hey, i haven't played brawl yet. In Infil's vid, it looks like both are happening (and in one of BDcool's ripped vids there's a guy who nairs a PKT ness getting ready for PKT2 after body stun...)
so don't count on that one.

Yay! ness electrocutes himself while PKT is in the air!

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
How about ...

PK Fire + Grab/Down Throw + Forward air

I call it the "Fire Buster." It's escapable with good DI, but they rarely do. If they don't DI out of the PK Fire long enough for you to get the grab, the third hit is virtually assured (if not with Fair, then with another). DIing out of PK Fire seems more difficult in Brawl.

Repeated up tilt + Up Aerial
It can be escaped using DI, but with big or heavy characters at low percentages it's very difficult to escape.

Up smash + Up Aerial
Under certain (very common) conditions, the yoyo hitting in front will juggle the opponent into the upper hit, which knocks them up--in easy range for a number of aerials, the easiest being the headbutt. This works well at low percentages before the yoyos send them too far.

Take your pick of any that you like, whether it's all or none.

It seems, according to Simna, that PKT tailwhip now combos into PKT2. If the oppoonent is above you in the air, and you are also in the air, if you can tailwhip them with the PKT, the tailwhip is long enough that the stun will allow you to pull off a complete PKT2 into them inescapably.
I believe this is true. It certainly seems to work for me.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I don't think combos are gonna be as important in this game as simply following DI and outguessing opponents, so basically linking unrelated attacks by pure skill.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's surelly a new spot on Simna's Guide to Brawl PK Thunder.

XD

Top Bottom