• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Marx (Milky Way Wishes) For Brawl SUPPORT Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Marx is the main enemy in the game "Milky Way Wishes", a the last main sub-game from the game "Kirby Superstars" on the SNES. Kirby's adventure in this game was different than some of his other platformers at the time, because Kirby could swallow enemies.... but not copy their abilities! Instead, Kirby had to find a pedastal with the abilty's symbol to get the ability. It was also different because when Kirby first get's the ability, he can select it from the start menu and use it anytme in the game.

Anyway, we all want Dedede in Brawl, but there is no love for Marx. Here is a pcture of the little guy in is final form:

HE'S KYOOT!

Anyway, his stages would either be Nova, the ship you have to destroy to fight him, or that place you fight him, which would be an easier version of FD>

B- Razor- Marx floats up and throws Razor Blades in all directions, which act like boomerangs and fly back to him. If the razor's hit anything, they dissappear

Foward / Back B- Arrow Rain- Marx shoots out 10 Arrows. Weak, but INCREADIBLY FAST!

UP B- Blackhole- Marx creates a blackhole and sucks up everything close to him. From there, you can press the conrol stick to the way you want, the black hole reaapears, and spits out everyting. Enemies in the black hole will suffer continous damage as long as they are in.

DOWN B- Ice Bomb- Marx grows his wings, flies up a short distance, and throws down three small bombs. Anybody who gets hit by the bombs will instantly freeze and take continous damage while frozen.

He has LOTS of moves, but I'll take suggestions for his B moves, because anybody who has played Milky Way Wishes knows of Marx's powers

If anybody should make it into Brawl from the Kirby series after Dedede it should be Marx or Wadle Dee.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dedede is more deserving. Marx for SSB4!

HUZZAHS FOR SSB4!

Anyway, Dedede is more recognizing, but Marx is way more evil. He made the sun and moon fight to the death and almost succeded (only to be stopped by Kirby)! when's the last time Dedede did something like that?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Hurah for Marx! I doubt him being a character though, maybe as a trophie or miniboss.

bbb

Smash Champion
I know who you are talking about, but I thought I was being witty (I still think it was funny). It's true this guy is pretty evil, and probably one of the hardest fights in Kirby history, if it weren't for the block button, he would have ***** the living hell out of me. His Super move should be that ridiculous laser he shoots occasionaly.

Also, you can make a thread for Marx but not Gregston, tsk tsk.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I would more like to see him in one of the next games. I just doubt they will put him in this time 'round. As said already, Marx for SSB4($)!

-SMB

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
I think they would do the Nightmare/Dark Matter first because they're reaccuring villains, but Marx would be great. I like the idea for the stage too, like Mushroon Kingdom but with no pits or platforms (and that awsome music).

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Technically, Nova wasn't evil, though. Just manipulated by Marx, right?

Back on topic, I don't think that making him a playable character would do him justice. Assuming individual bosses for different characters, who do we have? Meta-knight is confirmed playable, and Dedede is quite likely. Who's left? Marx.

Besides, I won't stand for the awesomeness of the Black Hole turned into a glorified grab.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
True. I guess I just don't want to see Marx get the Mewtwo treatment (all-powerful enemy gets nerfed horrifically).

So, I don't want Marx out of Brawl because I hate him. I don't want him in because it's not likely they'll do him justice.

However...

B - Nova Beam: Marx shoots a large beam from his mouth. Large knockback and lag.
B> - Vine Spike: Marx throws forward a few scattered seeds randomly. The seeds sprout into tall spiked brambles and disappear.
B^ - Warp Shift - Similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack, but deals damage when Marx reappears briefly. Ends with his signature cackle.
Bv - Ice Bomber: Marx drops a large black ball. On contact, the ball causes a small shockwave. Chance of freezing.
Super - Black Hole: Marx's face splits and seperates, revealing a black hole that sucks everybody up. Trippy background and copious damage later, everybody falls back onto the stage and Marx reappears cackling.

Just in case.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Marx

Normal "Imp" Form
*Note: The smaller form of Marx, he rides on a ball constantly. This gives him loose traction, but a good dashing speed, and the ability to hold his speed after jumping. This also gives him high jumps, but makes his body pretty light because he is still smaller, and is riding consistently on this little ball. The ball follows him, btw. It is attached to his feet on jumps, and when he's knocked away, it will fly apart from his body, but come circling back.

B: Star Ball -- Marx jumps behind the ball and kicks it forwards. If any of you have played Mega Man 8 and have seen the Mega Ball, that's exactly how this attack works. The ball flies upwards at an angle, and bounces off any and everything, flying through opponents and rebounding roughly 5 times before it stops and returns to Marx. It has a cool glowy trail behind it as it moves.

Forward B: Roly Poly -- Marx kicks it into gear and rushes with the ball straight along the ground, flattening anyone in his path. He can skid and turn around during the attack, but like Rollout there is a maximum time he can move, and, hence, you can't keep turning back and forth without losing power and speed. You can also use this attack in the air, and Marx will dash forwards straight ahead. And, if you use this attack and attempt to jump, he will leap into the air as he rushes forwards.

Up B: Bounce -- Obviously. Marx kicks the ball down into the ground, and bounces high into the air, knocking back those he comes into contact with. You can angle the bounce, easily. The problem here, though, is that when used in the air, he plummets down before bouncing up. He doesn't have to HIT anything to bounce, but he does have to drop a little to get lift.

Down B: Wish -- Transforms Marx into his more powerful form. 6 second charge.

Powerful "Demon" Form
*Note: Marx gets the ability to fly indefinitely in this form, and his power and weight increase exponentially. However, his speed suffers, and he has more lag to his attacks. While flying, he takes damage, to stop people from abusing the power.

B: Big Beam -- Not that great a name, but it works. Marx's face blows up like his mouth is filled with water, and suddenly he explodes with a humongous beam of energy that travels the distance of the stage, blowing back anything it hits. The catch? You're gonna have to charge this puppy for at LEAST 10 seconds without being hit.

Forward B: Nails -- Marx closes and then unfurls his wings, sending out slashing nails in the four diagonals that cut opponents to bits! Has a 2 second charge.

Up B: Flight -- Marx throws out his wings and begins to fly. He can move around by using the control stick, and automatically uses his aerials with the A button. His B attacks still function, and to disengage flight mode press Up B again. While flying, Marx is actually significantly lighter than just walking, and, to make it worse, he takes 1% damage for every second he is flying, due to the weight of gravity (he only really ever flew in space, afterall).

Down B: Wish -- Returns to Normal Mode, and is dazed for 1.5 seconds

Super Smash: Black Hole -- Regardless of the form, Marx will become Powered Up Marx and then split his body in half to use this attack. Nearby fighters are sucked inside and torn apart by shooting stars before being shot back onto the stage, having taken massive damage.

The Ice, Vine, and other attacks are cool and all, but they could be saved for A attacks, or possibly throws, I felt.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Marx

Normal "Imp" Form
*Note: The smaller form of Marx, he rides on a ball constantly. This gives him loose traction, but a good dashing speed, and the ability to hold his speed after jumping. This also gives him high jumps, but makes his body pretty light because he is still smaller, and is riding consistently on this little ball. The ball follows him, btw. It is attached to his feet on jumps, and when he's knocked away, it will fly apart from his body, but come circling back.

B: Star Ball -- Marx jumps behind the ball and kicks it forwards. If any of you have played Mega Man 8 and have seen the Mega Ball, that's exactly how this attack works. The ball flies upwards at an angle, and bounces off any and everything, flying through opponents and rebounding roughly 5 times before it stops and returns to Marx. It has a cool glowy trail behind it as it moves.

Forward B: Roly Poly -- Marx kicks it into gear and rushes with the ball straight along the ground, flattening anyone in his path. He can skid and turn around during the attack, but like Rollout there is a maximum time he can move, and, hence, you can't keep turning back and forth without losing power and speed. You can also use this attack in the air, and Marx will dash forwards straight ahead. And, if you use this attack and attempt to jump, he will leap into the air as he rushes forwards.

Up B: Bounce -- Obviously. Marx kicks the ball down into the ground, and bounces high into the air, knocking back those he comes into contact with. You can angle the bounce, easily. The problem here, though, is that when used in the air, he plummets down before bouncing up. He doesn't have to HIT anything to bounce, but he does have to drop a little to get lift.

Powerful "Demon" Form
*Note: Marx gets the ability to fly indefinitely in this form, and his power and weight increase exponentially. However, his speed suffers, and he has more lag to his attacks. While flying, he takes damage, to stop people from abusing the power.

B: Big Beam -- Not that great a name, but it works. Marx's face blows up like his mouth is filled with water, and suddenly he explodes with a humongous beam of energy that travels the distance of the stage, blowing back anything it hits. The catch? You're gonna have to charge this puppy for at LEAST 10 seconds without being hit.

Forward B: Nails -- Marx closes and then unfurls his wings, sending out slashing nails in the four diagonals that cut opponents to bits! Has a 2 second charge.

Up B: Flight -- Marx throws out his wings and begins to fly. He can move around by using the control stick, and automatically uses his aerials with the A button. His B attacks still function, and to disengage flight mode press Up B again. While flying, Marx is actually significantly lighter than just walking, and, to make it worse, he takes 1% damage for every second he is flying, due to the weight of gravity (he only really ever flew in space, afterall).

Super Smash: Black Hole -- Regardless of the form, Marx will become Powered Up Marx and then split his body in half to use this attack. Nearby fighters are sucked inside and torn apart by shooting stars before being shot back onto the stage, having taken massive damage.

The Ice, Vine, and other attacks are cool and all, but they could be saved for A attacks, or possibly throws, I felt.
OMG! DOUBLE-POSTING n00B! U shuld lik, srsouly be bann3d!!!!11!!!!!!1!11 N00B! :laugh: Of course, I'm kidding

Anyway, thanks for the movesets anyway

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Meh, as I said, I'm not terribly fond of him being a playable character, despite how much I love him. The problem with Flip's moveset is simple: practically no one gets the chance to use his specials, or even his "demon" form, due to the major disadvantages. I kinda like the regular Marx set you have, but Super Marx suffers from Mewtwo Syndrome (see previous post). On the other hand, he almost needs to be nerfed because of how ridiculously powerful his attacks are.

'Tis far worse to have half a Marx than no Marx at all. Trophy/boss.

flyer3f

Smash Rookie
NNID
flyer3f
Technically, Nova wasn't evil, though. Just manipulated by Marx, right?

Back on topic, I don't think that making him a playable character would do him justice. Assuming individual bosses for different characters, who do we have? Meta-knight is confirmed playable, and Dedede is quite likely. Who's left? Marx.

Besides, I won't stand for the awesomeness of the Black Hole turned into a glorified grab.
I agree with you. He is an awesomely powerful character and could even be the new Master Hand!

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Mm, Heart of Nova for a stage...I like that idea.

And Flyer, your sig says you either were lying or misunderstood me (probably the latter). I love Marx. He's an awesome character and an awesome villian with awesome powers and awesome moves. He's awesomely awesome, you could say. That said, I don't want him in Brawl, simply because he is EXTREMELY likely to be nerfed horrendously a la Mewtwo and Ganondorf. The new Master Hand? Probably not; the Kirby series is (relatively) minor compared to the giants of Mario and Zelda, despite Sakurai/HAL's influence of SSB. He really only stands a chance of making it as either a trophy or if by some miracle they have individual boss characters for each Adventure mode. I would rather have him ignored altogether than have his name tainted like this.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
That was a good set Flip, except I think it takes him too long to transform to his powerful form.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
if he was playable, the black hole should be his super
I agree, the black hole should be his super and switch the up B with the razor B with The Nova beam(I think it should be chargable), and make the down B this

Down B- Rising strike

Marx would go into the ground and you have a time limit to move underneath an enemy before his jumps out with his wings out and do damage. Only on ground. (It from when he goes off screen and you see a oval shape thing on the ground and pops out. I should know i played it this afternoon)

But still Marx for brawl!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Marx

Normal "Imp" Form

Powerful "Demon" Form

Just demon form that's it having his Imp form would be an insult to his demon form.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Would Marx looks like that, or would he be in his original form?

He seems neat, seeing as he's a Kirby character, but I'd like to see King Dedede more.

Top Bottom