• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lance for SSBB!

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
Champion of the Elite Four, dragon trainer, and a Secret Agent! Lance is one cool guy, and I think he deserves to be in Brawl. Not only was he the Elite Four Champion in Pokemon Red/Blue, he also shows you wear the Rocket's secret base is, and temporarily stopped them from performig cruel experiments on Pokemon.

Now, even though we never see him fight, I do believe he can (after all, he is a Secret Agent!) And hey, look at all the people who never actually fight in their games, such as Fox (He only flew until Smash), Captain Falcon (He only drove), and even the Ice Climbers, so I think it is possible for him to appear and fight!

And hey, If nothing else, he could always bust out some HMs.

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
No, we already have pokemon. We don't need pokemon trainers. What would his specials be? To already have pokeballs in his possession?

D

Deleted member

Trainers can't fight, by definition.

Pokemon are better choices, although I personally thought Lance was awesome.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
WindGuru said:
Trainers can't fight, by definition.

Pokemon are better choices, although I personally thought Lance was awesome.
ye, thats why his main pokemon should be a character. dragonite represents him.

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
Hey, before you go and call my ideas stupid, why don't you read this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72414

Now, think, Peach is a fragile Princess always getting kidnapped. No one thought of her as a fighter, yet in Melee she's considered Top Tier! Just because you think of characters as weak or incapable of fighting doesn't mean they are. Lance deserves to be in Brawl just as much as anyone, and has enough fans that he just might!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh noone wants trainers in brawl and if they did get in, only red (ash) would get in. i think lance is awsome but he isnt popular enough, instead he should hav his signature pokemon representing him (like pikachu representing ash)

Black/Light

Smash Master
May would be a better trainer choice imo. She's a main character in the show and the main character in a line of Pokemon manga. But I think her main pokemon should rep for her (Blaziken).

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
FiErCe_oNi said:
meh noone wants trainers in brawl and if they did get in, only red (ash) would get in. i think lance is awsome but he isnt popular enough, instead he should hav his signature pokemon representing him (like pikachu representing ash)
Let me tear your argument apart one piece at a time. First, don't say no one wants trainers. The fact that I want a trainer proves you wrong. I also know there are people who want want Red/Ash and Sapphire/May in.

Second, Lance IS popular. He's appeared in two pokemon games, and has made some important appearances in the anime.

Third, Pikachu DOES NOT represent Ash. Pikachu is not there for Ash or anybody. Pikachu is there to represent PIKACHU.

Lance could have some awesome moves. One I was thinking about was Rock Smash, where Lance punches straight ahead while Dragonite's silhoutte immediatly appears to greatly extend the range of the attack. I would love to see Lance get in.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Dustlord said:
Let me tear your argument apart one piece at a time. First, don't say no one wants trainers. The fact that I want a trainer proves you wrong. I also know there are people who want want Red/Ash and Sapphire/May in.

Second, Lance IS popular. He's appeared in two pokemon games, and has made some important appearances in the anime.

Third, Pikachu DOES NOT represent Ash. Pikachu is not there for Ash or anybody. Pikachu is there to represent PIKACHU.

Lance could have some awesome moves. One I was thinking about was Rock Smash, where Lance punches straight ahead while Dragonite's silhoutte immediatly appears to greatly extend the range of the attack. I would love to see Lance get in.
well there are much more people that dont want trainers over people that do.
i know pikachu doesnt represent ash but it is usually the main pokemon for alot of important characters.
if a trainer got in, it would only be a protaginist, i doubt they would put pokemon trainer boss's in.
and besides if lance was a character he would be using most of his attacks with dragonite. instead why not have his main pokemon as a character instead?

D

Deleted member

Calm down dude.

I personaly think Lance is the one of coolest trainers in the games (that's saying something), but I'd rather see him as a trophy than a character. I know this argument could apply to any character on this forum, but Lance does not really fight at all, except from using his pokemon in battle.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I don't think adding trainers could work...seeing as some trainer's pokemon are already either characters or in item-pokeballs.

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
Wanting a pokemon trainer as a playable character has nothing to do with the fact that they don't actually fight in their own games. Zelda didn't fight in Ocarina of Time, yet she had an entire moveset created just for her, and she ended up top tier. I don't see why Lance couldn't have his own Dragon style trype of fighting in Brawl. That would actually be pretty cool. After all, Captain Falcon got his own "Falcon Punch!" Plus,how funny would it be to have Lance say something about being kind to pokemon, and then turn around and beat the snot out of Pikachu?

Besides, anything you say about someone I would like to see in Brawl I could just as easily say about people you want. I think it would be very cool to see Lance in Brawl.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Dustlord said:
Wanting a pokemon trainer as a playable character has nothing to do with the fact that they don't actually fight in their own games. Zelda didn't fight in Ocarina of Time, yet she had an entire moveset created just for her, and she ended up top tier. I don't see why Lance couldn't have his own Dragon style trype of fighting in Brawl. That would actually be pretty cool. After all, Captain Falcon got his own "Falcon Punch!" Plus,how funny would it be to have Lance say something about being kind to pokemon, and then turn around and beat the snot out of Pikachu?

Besides, anything you say about someone I would like to see in Brawl I could just as easily say about people you want. I think it would be very cool to see Lance in Brawl.
That's beside the point. Lance would have no need for fighting, since he has pokemon.

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
Wow

If that's the case they might as well put in ash ketchum. How about Yugi while there at it. It's not a good idea bro no offense

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
LAnce...

Pokemon trainers themselves, I'm not too sure.

If anyone, Red/Ash Ketchum will be in. Lance isn't too far off, though.

D

Deleted member

I like this guy.

Alas, I don't see much potential for trainers in Brawl. Their Pokemon do the work for them. I do think he should at least have a trophy though. At least.

Top Bottom