• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Kaillera/P2P and AQZ thread

Uair

Banned via Warnings
The irc and athens ladder aren't good enough for active ssb64 players, and none of the sticky threads or sites have any active details on people, how about we just go by GMT time in here when we are on kaillera or IRC/smashboards for smash.

Use this to figure out your timezone in GMT 0 and how the 24 hour clock works if you don't already know.... http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/est

Post your infos in GMT on here and your location here,

Weekends (mainly)
On: around 10-12PM
Off: 5AM

or on week days
On: 4AM
Off: 6-8AM

South Carolina USA (South-east United States)

If anyone wants to play post your info here, seems like a reasonable idea to me to get some good games more often.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
LOL

y tho?
Because logic? Why would you post what times you are available in whatever time zone you're in? that's just confusing.

but I already made u rq cuddlytoys so it doesnt matter, I like how you're trying so hard to be a different person.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
But why GMT? Using EST is a more familiar and more convenient for all of NA even if they live on the west coast. I'm pretty sure most people living in California can convert 5pm EST into their time zone easier than converting 5pm GMT. Using EST also makes it so that the people on the east coast don't even need to covert at all. Unless you plan on playing online with people from Ukrain or Italy with 200+ ping, GMT will be unnecessary for everyone you would want to play.

There are two people who use smashboards. You and thousands of cuddly alts.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
But why GMT? Using EST is a more familiar and more convenient for all of NA even if they live on the west coast. I'm pretty sure most people living in California can convert 5pm EST into their time zone easier than converting 5pm GMT. Using EST also makes it so that the people on the east coast don't even need to covert at all. Unless you plan on playing online with people from Ukrain or Italy with 200+ ping, GMT will be unnecessary for everyone you would want to play.

There are two people who use smashboards. You and thousands of cuddly alts.
So your argument is using EST Timezone is more convenient for people who don't understand the 24 hour clock or time zones....

That makes no sense try again.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
I am confident most people in NA , whether they live in Texas, Alabama, or California, have memorized how to convert EST into their own timezone in their head. I am even more confident that asking them to convert 5pm EST would be easier than asking them to convert 2130 GMT.

Of course, i'm assuming that you are mostly interested in playing people from NA instead of, say, Boris from Russia. If i'm wrong, please correct me. You should totally use GMT for the one or two Europeans who might both use Smashboards and play online.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
CST is true American time. We should use CST! But yeah we as AMERICANS are going to understand how to convert time into a time zone that we use in AMERICA vs something used in non-AMERICAN countries.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
@madeo or something @Surri Samurai whatever remove this thread pls trolls kept **** posting.

Hentenaar

Smash Cadet
What a dumb idea for a thread. You can just PM people you want to play and set up times in WHATEVER zone you feel comfortable covering to

Uair

Banned via Warnings
What a dumb idea for a thread. You can just PM people you want to play and set up times in WHATEVER zone you feel comfortable covering to
What a dumb post, who is going to PM random people on smashboards to play them? I tried to organize a thread for nubcakes but you all suck anyways so it doesn't matter.

Top Bottom