• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official GC Adapter and Netplay

Shveed

Smash Rookie
NNID
JayCeeRocha
When I try and map my GC controller on a netplay working version of Dolphin (4.0-652), it reads my controller as SDL/0/XInput Controller #1, but no inputs are read. However, I know my computer recognizes the adapter because when I play on 4.0-5445 the controller works fine. I'm also using the official GC adapter from Nintendo. Help?

Edit: Now I'm having issues using 4.0-5445. The inputs don't work properly, and the controller is unresponsive.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support
are you using a driver for that adapter (and if oyu are, what is it?) or are you using the built in compatibility with that adapter in dolphin?..(been told this exists but i'm not sure what version of dolphin has it...)

Shveed

Smash Rookie
NNID
JayCeeRocha
I installed the driver that the Dolphin how-to page provided. It worked with 4.0-5445 the day before I made this post, but it never worked in 4.0-652. However, now it doesn't work in either versions of Dolphin. When I used it with 4.0-5445 it was plug and play however, I didn't have to set anything up.

Y-L

Smash Champion
That's because Dolphin didn't have native support for the gc adapter until 4.0-5xxx so if you want to use it for 4.0-652 you're going to have to install the driver. Is there anything else in the drop down menu with xinput blah blah blah

Top Bottom