• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Last Stock 14 - Singles and Doubles (Two Stock Bi-Weekly)

Last Stock 14 - Singles and Doubles (Two Stock Bi-Weekly)
Posted by TheRamAlakazaam
Ooples Anime Houston
Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 05:00 PM
Until: Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

TheRamAlakazaam

Smash Cadet
This is Underground Gamings 15TH tournament be sure to give us a like and keep up with the Facebook event pages for quicker information.

BRACKET:

Past Brackets - http://underground-gaming.challonge.com

STREAM AND YOUTUBE:

On stream? Check out your matches on our YouTube Channel, or join us from your home on Thursdays @ 7:00pm CST

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2cD-rI-WsIOVDwTEVvergQ
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/undergroundgaminges

VENUE RULES:

This is a new consistent bi-weekly that will be hosted at Ooples Anime, we ask that everyone respects the rules of the store and tournament rules. You may not bring meals from near-by restaurants,snacks and drinks; we will sell food and drinks in store.

PLEASE NOTE THE START TIMES!

SCHEDULE:
5:00 p.m. - Crew begins setting up
7:00 p.m. - Singles starts
10:00 p.m. - Store Closing

EVENT FEES:

$3 Venue fee (FOR EVERY TENTH EVENT)
(waived for bringing a TV+Wii U+Sm4sh+GC Adapter with everything (except ALL DLC, but DLC preferred) needed unlocked. Wii U must be updated to current format)

THIS IS NOT REQUIRED BUT RECOMMENDED TO ENSURE A SMOOTH TOURNAMENT

$5 1v1

PLEASE BRING SETUPS for the event to run properly and quickly, no venue fee this time around.

CARPOOL:

Carpools with 4 or more people will be given a discount (only to driver) 3$ off Venue Fee please contact RAM with the amount and names of people you are bringing before the event starts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAYOUT:

1v1
1-39 entrants
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

40 entrants+
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%

5th: 5%
5th: 5%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES AND STAGELIST:
All Final Matches are 2/3 WF, GF and LF due to time constraints
3 Stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Team attack ON in doubles
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pausing results in a stock loss, unless it is for the opposing player's controller malfunction
Double Elimination

Stage Stricking Order:
1-2-pick for the first round. (RPS for the first ban if need be)
2 ban for the winner of each round
More information on how banning works can be found HERE

Neutrals

- BattleField/Miiverse (Strike counts for both)
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Lylat Cruise
- Final Destination

Counterpicks:

- DreamLand 64
- Duck Hunt
- Any Omega (striking this also strikes FD)

Got Questions?

Feel free to private message me, contact me on Facebook, or comment below

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
Since this will be my first tourney with you guys, am i still able to join a 1v1 tourney when i go? Or is it too late

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
Hey Garret! Just show up and ask for RAM and I'll help you out. Most likely I'll greet you while you come in.
I sadly won't be able to attend, but I would like to watch(mainly interested in triples since its not something you see everyday). The link to your Youtube page isn't working for me though.

TheRamAlakazaam

Smash Cadet
I sadly won't be able to attend, but I would like to watch(mainly interested in triples since its not something you see everyday). The link to your Youtube page isn't working for me though.
Hey Sion! We recently had a strange transition from our previous name "Kiwi Gaming", now we're Underground Gaming so we're revamping all of our social media. We will post up all the new youtube, twitch channels etc.

We haven't been able to get our hands on streaming equipment yet , but we have been making interviews with our sponsored player and the rest of the team so I'm hoping you guys will appreciate that content.

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
Hey Sion! We recently had a strange transition from our previous name "Kiwi Gaming", now we're Underground Gaming so we're revamping all of our social media. We will post up all the new youtube, twitch channels etc.

We haven't been able to get our hands on streaming equipment yet , but we have been making interviews with our sponsored player and the rest of the team so I'm hoping you guys will appreciate that content.
Ah cool. We'll if its not too much trouble when your new channel is up and you don't forget I apperciate a link to said channel, though I guess just watching this thread will work, too.

MattGC

Smash Rookie
Hey! I am planning to make it to this event, and it will be my first ever tournament, so I just wanted to make sure...
This is still happening, this Thursday, starting at 6:30 correct?
And also, will there be doubles?

Thanks.

TheRamAlakazaam

Smash Cadet
Hey! I am planning to make it to this event, and it will be my first ever tournament, so I just wanted to make sure...
This is still happening, this Thursday, starting at 6:30 correct?
And also, will there be doubles?

Thanks.
This is happening Thursday Dec 1st. ! So yes this Thursday we actually being at 7pm , but help us out by getting here early and enjoy some friendlies.

Please bring a setup if possible, we wont have doubles this week because of time restrictions. I would host them at 5:30 pm but not enough people show up around that time because of work

Death0758

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hmate579
3DS FC
3583-2493-8764
Hi im Recently gonna join for my first 1v1 tourney with y'all thursday and i was gonna ask when i show up who do i give the money to so i can play in it. And its 5 dollars to play right cause im a curious kid.

TheRamAlakazaam

Smash Cadet
Hi im Recently gonna join for my first 1v1 tourney with y'all thursday and i was gonna ask when i show up who do i give the money to so i can play in it. And its 5 dollars to play right cause im a curious kid.
Sorry Death I have yet to update times and dates, I lost access to my smashboards account so I'll be revamping the event pages

TheRamAlakazaam

Smash Cadet
Also it's 10 dollars, 5 dollars for entry and 5 dollars to enter the event, be sure to ask for RAM or Raul Martinez, if anything I'll come up to you myself and help you out

avester01

Smash Rookie
Heya RAM. So, I (hopefully) miiight be able to make this pretty chouette tournament, but I have just one ridiculous question— is it mandatory to bring your own controller/system/game/etc? Just wondering. Cheers!

Top Bottom