• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct. 11, 2014] Revival of Melee Club!? Singles Tournament Results... (Longview, TX)

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester

Revival of Melee Club!?
Results Thread
October 11th, 2014
Longview, TX

Original Thread
Photos From the Event!
Match Videos
I want to say thank you to all of those who decided to come on out for our first outing! Hosting a tournament via Smashboards has been a dream of mine since early on in High School lol. Now with this tournament, I know I messed up a lot. Not only did I mess up by not properly reminding everyone that this tournament was indeed green lit and happening, but also, I especially apologize for the really shaky beginnings. I promise that next time around the tournament schedule will be more closely followed! And you can actually expect me, the TO, to arrive on time for registration xD

Shout outs to Karma for returning to the Longview scene out of nowhere. Seriously man! I did not expect you to come out! It was a pleasant surprise :)

Of course MAJOR shout outs to the Tatum bros for bringing half of the tournament xD Seriously, I was so lucky that you guys were able to come out! This tournament would've flopped otherwise, and that would have put a terrible impression on my new venue for the potential of these events at his place!

Oh! and shoutouts to Dizzy, the secret boss who showed up and wrecked everybody in both events. GGs Man!<3 xD

Lastly! Yes! Lastly bahaha, I gotta give hardcore props to the newer players that threw their money down even when they knew that loss...was their fate. Everyone starts from somewhere and that's what the Smash tournament experience is all about! Whether you win or lose it is an experience in itself<3

Melee Singles(7 entrants):

1: Dizzy ($17.50):marthmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee:

2: Himegoto ($8.75):falconmelee:

3: Cray ($5.25):drmario:

4: NACL ($3.50):jigglypuffmelee:

5: Tha Jakester:gawmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee:

5: Karma:marthmelee::peachmelee:

7: Redranger1:pikachumelee::peachmelee:

Melee bracket:

Project M Singles(11 entrants):
1: Dizzy ($30.00):marth::samus2:
2: Cray ($15.00):ivysaur::mario2::lucas: