• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakland Smash Ultimate is still going.

SYG_REN

Smash Rookie
Hello! If you found this then kudos to you for discovering this!
I'd like to begin by writing that; SmashBoards played a massive role in my foray into this wonderful craft and escapism called smash brothers that we all love.
However, now we exist in the modern era where forums are a dying form (and art) of information and community access. I still reminisce of "the glory days" to this day and still find myself speaking ill of the current state of the world. Well, I got tired of complaining and decided to be the change I want to see in the world by creating this thread for any past, future, or presents persons in or outside the Oakland Bay Area Community that finds this thread!

The Local:
Oakland's main grassroots local is The MADE, which currently runs every other Tuesday of the month. Doors open as early as 6pm, bracket starts at 7:30 and ends roughly around 11pm.
Other East Bay Locals:
Revival of Kin, (Weekly on Fridays, Hayward, CA)
Smash at Berkeley (Biweekly on weekends at UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA)

The Venue:
The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment, also known as, MADE is a "non profit physical community space where digital entertainment artifacts are stored and exhibited in playable form for the purposes of education and entertainment", according to their website that can seen here! Please consider checking it out as they have a rich history within Norcal as a venue that truly has stood the test of time. To give you some context, it was my first local when I was 17! Out of courtesy for the museum space, outside food isn't usually allowed but the staff is pretty chill as long as you eat your food away from the museum spaces and throw your trash away immediately.

Bracket set up:
The Made is very unique as the only Smash Ultimate local to always run all best of five throughout a double elimination bracket. Though it caps from 24-28 entrants, the event runs pretty smooth!
The Smash.gg page will always be smash.gg/madesmash (which auto updates to the most recent bracket) so it's super handy to pre reg as well!

Final thoughts:
We're all here to game, have fun, and do sick and or dumb **** with our friends. We look forward to seeing you!
-Ren and all of Oakland Smash

Top Bottom