• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 3 August 11th, get some! URGENT UPDATE!!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Oklahoma needs less shiek/peach and more capt falcon/fox :mad:

TGM: Your gas ate all my monies :( Thanks for drivin us all up there. Would definately be fun to do again, although i'll need to replenish my funds first.

Mouf: I shall cherish my 3$! An' once again Lol at the flare blade x5 on pokefloats.

Ronnie: Good job placing 5th. We should play more next time.

Sydney: Thanks a bundle for housing us. And for being all-around awesome.

Rasta: Play with the fire moar!!! Nice tourney, the venue was nice, especially for a last minute venue. I'll see about coming to the next one.

Vegafuse: Sorry about that whole pokestadium BS :ohwell:

Zinth: Dizzamn you're loud :psycho: We never got any matches...=/

Drew: Why do you have to let me get you down to your last stock and then pretend to get set up for sweetspotted fsmash combo only to get tipped and get back and finish me off? ;_;

Wobbles: Ouchies at the phoenix you pulled on me the second teams match. I started smash DI'ing away at the worst possible moment, lol. We need to play more sometime, im curious how my roy'll do against your icies one on one.

Bluezaft: We need to play again, that friendly i won shouldn't've went like that.

DoH: Yay for not getting completely ***** in the one roy vs peach we played. Its nice to see a zelda that does more than just f/bair.

Kirby Kid: But I instant killed you!!! >.<

All the people who counter/picked shiek against me(all 5 of you >.<): GRaaaarrararhatehatehatehatecharactercountercharactercountertierlistjohns!!! Good games.

Jay Bizzy

Smash Cadet
hey can anybody post the placings? i just wanna see what place i got...
and does anybody know when the vids will be up? and did anybody record my dk lolz i would like to see those but ya heres the shoutouts

this is mouf btw

allan: thanks for the ride and the trip was really fun, you did some **** that really bothered me tho but i don't feel like talkin about that right now

ronnie: die slow

alex: some of the stuff you were doin as roy was seriously blowing my mizind, and i thought we did pretty decently in teams so good stuff man one of the smartest players i know

nick: you have no idea how much you saved me, if you didn't go at the last minute i probably wouldn't of been able to go and you were really cool the whole time, props and thanks man

okay thats all the houston people that went now heres everybody else

drew: kos mos banned you son

doh: man i've never seen anyone as disappointed as you looked after you lost to kos mos but that was definitly one of the best sets i've ever watched and it made me realize i really suck as peach, both of yall are definitly better than me and i got lots of work to do. i was rootin for Cox though you shoulda won...

wobbles: one of the best players in the world imo

kos mos: you are really good. i'm not gonna lie, before i played you i was way too cocky and i thought i'd beat you for sure but you really made an *** outta me man good job. before we played, oklahoma was talking you up big time but you definitly delivered

south paw: i didn't get to play ya but i watched your matches vs ronnie (side effect) and you looked really good so props

po pimpus: i like playin low tiers with dk man it was really fun playin ya

rasta: you kinda look like lil wayne, nice

chubs: coolest guy i met in oklahoma, thanks alot for the housing

bacon: man i played you alot lolz dk vs doc is one of my favorite matchups

zinth: donkey kongz iz out 2 get ya boyeh nah jk good matches man and id like to see those matches when ya upload em

hazygoose: you got alot of names man, and you were pretty good too, about my peach bein off, well ya i guess so but i mean its all good id like to see those vids too when they get uploaded. i wanted to go dk vs ya but i was unsure of myself

countless ppl that i used dk against in friendlies: i apologize for any blown minds

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol Wobbles, I found you quite entertaining.

And yeah Sethlon, I did get pretty loud there at the end, lol. Though most people actually know me as a quiet individual, if you can believe that :o Oh well, that's what happens when my ADHD medicine wears off, lawlz... but yeah, I wanted to play you.

And yeah, the games between KOS-MOS and DoH were quite possibly the closest I've ever seen. I could hardly control myself!

And yeah (lol, I'm saying that a lot :dizzy:) Babac, I really liked that venue. The separate rooms were neat, and that round couch in the middle was pretty cool, especially for the finals. Also, the whole place felt more... ours, ya know? Anyway, I thought that it was run pretty smoothly, especially for being a last ditch save. Too bad we didn't get started earlier, we would have had more time for more things, but hey, that can always be fixed next time.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I will comment, that even though there were some things that could have been done differently, this was by far the best run OHSNAP. Things to fix for the future would be the giant delays in between tournaments like between teams and singles and of course starting earlier, but I understand why the second didn't happen.(Darn you OU!) Also, the venue was fine for this time, but get many more people than we had and it may have been quite crowded.

On a side note why are there no freakin restraunts in Oklahoma City. We drove around for like 30 minutes and all we found was a Sonic that wasn't even a drive in (wtf?) that we had to park a block away for and an Ihop with no parking.......

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
YOOOOO OKLAHOMA!! How would you feel about monthlies that support the OHSNAP series? Like, 1/2 of the pot gets saved up for the pot at the next OHSNAP? I mean itd be like $5 for singles, $10 for teams and 1/2 of that goes to OHSNAP.

Another thing, how was the venue, did it bother you guys, I can always call up some hotels *sigh*, but there would be a venue fee for OHSNAP4.
Sounds like a pretty decent idea... Im willing to go play and loose some money... But then again without people like me no one would make any money....

SO yea if you can get that Venue again it would be pretty amazing...

BTW Rasta- Your mom is cool as hell... Gave this big Indian some free Tea FTMFW

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
That Ganon was too good for me, I didnt know what to do. I wish we had more TVs though, looks like Ill actually have to rent TVs for OHSNAP4 (speaking of which, OKers, look at the bottem of this post), I also hate how OU lost our reservation, but its all good though. OHSNAP4 is actually being discussed upon between yours truely and yours truely's parents.

YOOOOO OKLAHOMA!! How would you feel about monthlies that support the OHSNAP series? Like, 1/2 of the pot gets saved up for the pot at the next OHSNAP? I mean itd be like $5 for singles, $10 for teams and 1/2 of that goes to OHSNAP.

Another thing, how was the venue, did it bother you guys, I can always call up some hotels *sigh*, but there would be a venue fee for OHSNAP4.
I'd do that.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I will comment, that even though there were some things that could have been done differently, this was by far the best run OHSNAP. Things to fix for the future would be the giant delays in between tournaments like between teams and singles and of course starting earlier, but I understand why the second didn't happen.(Darn you OU!) Also, the venue was fine for this time, but get many more people than we had and it may have been quite crowded.

On a side note why are there no freakin restraunts in Oklahoma City. We drove around for like 30 minutes and all we found was a Sonic that wasn't even a drive in (wtf?) that we had to park a block away for and an Ihop with no parking.......
That was my main concern about hosting it there, no actual food places near by. I mean, Bricktown is like 3 miles away from the venue, but if you dont live here, the closest places to get food are sonic and subway. Theres A LOT more places to get food, but its hard to find for OOSers.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm gonna do shout outs later, because I am ****ing tired as hell from the tournament and having to work the following day so here I go:

First off, I'm still going through my tapes, but I know I have Grand Finals, Loser's Semis (South_Paw vs Side effect and South_Paw vs DOH) I know I have others, but I don't know what yet. I'm going to try and get Grand Finals up today at some point, but I don't think it was as good as Winners Finals or the epic Peach-ness that was Losers Finals, but w/e... I also have the Special Awards Presentation at the end, but Paemon is a horrible cameraman, and it's pretty shaky, but I'm going to put it up anyway, because I rock.

Finally, Babac, to your monthly idea: HELL MUTHAF'CKING YEAH! Do that shiz, son! The venue is on deck, and because of its proximity, you may actually see me more often than not at the monthlies.

So, yeah, this OHSNAP kicked ***. To all you guys that couldn't make it, you missed some great Smash and even more awesome people. You all better make it to the next one, or I'm going to personally kick all your *****.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I dunno, I liked Grand Finals a lot more than Winner's. I remembered I can play Jigglypuff and life was beautiful.

X_A

Smash Rookie
First off - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ohsnap3 = SAIF SAD! lol

Second off - you guys all were pretty dang cool, thanks for putting up with my lack of SSBM skills :)

Wobbles - your the man, don't let anyone call you annoying ever :)

OKC crew - nice to finally meet you people, after all this time. I HOPE some of you really do plug in with the OKgamers concept and help spread the good word to your local stores, as yea, it's nice to know when things are actually happening vs not :)

Vega - your mexican, and I own you at SSB64. Believe it. lol - and way to DOUBLE MY ARSE OUT! lol And no 64 samus is NOT TOP TIER lol

PayCurrency - Scryed is good, but Claymore is better :) lol

Babac - you seem like an awesome dood, despite having to put up with your family of anime nerds :) lol

TGM - thank you for the tips in SSBM, and the greatest compliment evar in 64 :)

Po Pimpus - THANK YOU for going to get your 64 setup, it's the only way I got my honor back for the day lol.

HANSON - were you the guy that had 3rd strike? If so we share an aquaintance in Tom evidently - go fig. If you were the asian guy in the red shirt - thanks for the SF action, and just seeming to be a cool guy in general :)

OHSNAP VIDEOS = GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE!@# If nothing else, go to www.okgamers.com and submit your url through the contact form! I want SEVERAL AWESOME OHSNAP vids on the site soooon dang it! :)

TX crew - you all seemed awesome :)

OK crew - you all seem young! lol - I mean awesome too ;) I hope I wasn't too mean running any of the brackets, and I hope you guys post your events on OKgamers! With the OKC tekken community seeming gone, and the SC community down there never being that strong ANYWAY, I'd LIKE to hope I can rely on you guys to help network and spread the word in the middle of our lovely state. Thanks, and keep it real yo!@#

OKC <<< TULSA in SSB[ 64 lol ]

SP - you suck for moving :) AND YOU LEFT YOUR CHINESE IN MY FRIDGE!@#

[ ps - I LUV that tourny software! I just want a 'in progress' button on left click... ]

X A

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
gentlemen, my sister has informed me: that we, by that i mean in oklahoma, well technically ardmore, but that's in oklahoma, so we'd have to drive out a little ways to get to ardmore, so a few people might have to throw down for gas, have you seen gas prices? Ridiculous, it's like i have to sell some of my soul to get some gas. Then again, i have done other things i'm not proud of for gas, as well as done things im not proud of for other various reasons, just like how i wasn't proud of laughing at kuni's hair at MGC, though it wasn't his hair i was really laughing at it was just me going from thinking that some random asian guy was talking to me to "HOLY ASIAN HELL BATMAN! THAT'S KUNI!" The old batman was awesome, does anybody remember adam west? The movie was awesome too, Jack Nicholson FTW! Where was i? Oh yeah, kuni, for that matter, i wonder if anyone else has drastically changed their appearance in my physical absence. I'm sure everyone looks a little older, but i wonder about things like if BJ cut his hair and started shaving. Or if andy still talks kinda slow. Or if maybe Wut isn't so homocidally annoying. Or if marc is still the poster boy for "angry black guys that play smash". I also want to see any new stuff that pablo and brandon have drawn, or if anyone's ever gonna slip up again and call brian "not zinth", I wonder if OHSNAP 4 is gonna be in December or August next year, or if there will ever be a future for smash at MLG. Speaking of which, did brandon go to MLG with chris, coty, kuni, babac, paemon and I? I wonder if he's ever gonna upload footage from OC, I want to see how he matched up against the pro's. I also wonder if he's gonna upload the footage from kansas, or arizona, or wherever he was where babac was talking all the trash at that restaurant, what was it called? Oh yeah, Old Chicago, speaking of which
THERE'S AN OLD CHICAGO RESTAURANT IN ARDMORE!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Theres an Old Chicago in Edmond too.

This is the first time Im hearing of any OCs in Oklahoma.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
and yay for vidjos.
bryan, do you have me vs. mouf?
I do, and they happen to be on the tape I'm importing right now. And speaking of Mouf, I do not like fighting Donkey Kong :dizzy: Especially one that's too good.

And rofl @ four of us remarking about an Old Chicago in Edmond in a row.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I dunno, I liked Grand Finals a lot more than Winner's. I remembered I can play Jigglypuff and life was beautiful.
Of course, YOU would enjoy the Grand Finals the most...

Anyway what you all have been waiting for: VIDEOS!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2730540#post2730540

Go there now! I will be updating the video thread regularly as I add more vids. Bryan, I KNOW you have more vids, so post in the video thread when they're ready.

Dallas has videos as well, I believe. So Dr. Drew, whenever you get them, post and I will add them as well.

Now, time for the Pimpest Shoutouts:

First off, OK got big, MARIO BIG! We finally brought home money from our own tournament!

Wobbles: What can I say? You are just too good at this game. You are always a pleasure to have at any event. Your "How to Beat Wobbles" Advice was the highlight of the tournament for me. I swear on my mother that I will have Cream Soda next time we meet. If I don't, I'll just commit seppuku. Congratulations on First, my man!

GG, Chris! Your Peach is even gayer than before. You should have beaten Wobbles in the Winners Finals, but eh. Yeah, he probably would have gotten out of Loser's Bracket, but I still think you can take him.

Coty, I know you're AZ now, but you'll always be OK in my (and everyone else's) heart. Great job at revenge killing Side Effect in Loser's Bracket. Sorry that Babac jinxed you against DOH, but what can you do? *Imagines Coty choking Babac after tourney* Good luck in AZ... I WILL see you again, my friend.

Bryan: Man, you really impressed me. I told you that you would do well. Yeah, you lost to Mouf, but hey, his DK is awesome. Great job at finally beating Kuni in a tournament as well!

Sid: The most Awesome dude in OK Smash. Thanks for providing Houston housing and on the ride to retrieve my N64 for some old-school goodness. Sorry you didn't get far, but hey, you'll get there.

Auddy: OMG. You've improved soooooo much my man! You literally had me on the edge of my seat. I really thought you were going to take Marc out. Keep it up, and hope to see you at more events!

Babac and the entire Saiedi Family: You PersAfricans did real good. Great last ditch save with the venue and special thanks for helping us all get better by hosting all those Smashfests. Good luck with that Tournament idea! You know you can count me in. Also LV.9 Ganon is TOO GOOD!

Andy: Andy, Andy, Andy... After all that Luigi training I gave you, and you go and lose to that n00b Wobbles?!? Disgusting... Seriously, I know you were nervous and that makes your game go to hell, but everyone has a bad tournament. This was yours. Learn from it and improve. I look forward to dodging more missles :)

Kuni, Saijee, and Ken: Always awesome to see you guys. Kuni, you have INCREDIBLY EMO hair. There, I said it. Just poking fun at you, man. Love the Samus. Would have liked to have seen your Marth more. You really should start practicing again. I miss the old KOS-MOS/Shade rivalry. BlueJay: Looked just like a teenage Bruce Lee. No Joke. Sorry me and Marc had to take you and Bacon out of teams, Ken. You need to stop eating so much candy and acting like a little kid... er, whatever...

Dylan: I realized while playing you that I have no idea how to beat Jiggs... I had to wing it most of that match. One tip though: Once Jiggs knocks Luigi off, he should never be able to get back on the stage. Loved the Luigi ditto, too. Keep playing, man. I wanna face you again.

Jeff: You didn't think I would forget about you, did you? You may think you didn't do well, but I saw a lot of improvement in both you Luigi and Fox. Keep on playing, Asian Sensation!

Alex and Brett: I know things didn't go your way in Teams, and Brett had a rough singles bracket, but hey, there's always next time. Make sure you get lots of training with Cort, Alex. I expect you to come back 3x as good as before. Thanks for reminding me of the uberness of Luigi's down air, Brett. I might have lost otherwise.

....and of course, last, but never least, PABLO!!! You're too good son, too good. Good job to you and Bryan in Teams. We really need to form team Don Pablo's someday. After Chris and I take teams at the next OHSNAP, of course... Enjoy your award. You deserve it!

To any Oklahomans I missed: Sorry I didn't get to play the rest of you, but I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I remember the days when OK had literally three or four serious Melee players... It always fills my heart with pride to see how big we've gotten... yes MARIO BIG!!

TEXAS!! Po will always love Texas for kicking his *** in his very first Melee tournament and igniting my competitive spark... Next big Texas event, you can guarantee an Oklahoma presence in force.

Dr.DrewtheDragon: First off, FREE RASTAIMPOSTA! FREE RASTAIMPOSTA! FREE RASTAIMPOSTA! Pay$ can stay banned, because he's an asshat. Great Sheik and Fox. I heard you were retiring. DON'T DO IT!!

DarknessOfHeart: "All Peach players are either gay, effiminate, or metrosexual." Thanks for proving Ken's Peach Theory true. Seriously, though, congrats on placing Top 3.

KrazyKirbyKid and Yokoson: Always great to have you guys at a tournament. Great teams match. I love you guys's teamwork and coordination. Best Kirby in the world? Quite possibly.

Bluezaft, F-Matt, and any others I may have missed: All you guys are great players and its been a pleasure having you guys support our tournaments. Hope to see you guys soon!

Houston peeps! You guys are way better than you get credit for. You all have some beastly low-tiers. Keep reppin' H-Town, fellas!

Mouf: Best DK I've played in a long while. However, I wouldn't have MMed you if I had known we would meet so soon in the singles tourney. I was too scurred to play anyone other than Luigi. Your Peach is rediculous. Not KOS-MOS, or DOH rediculous, but very good, indeed. Fun matches!

T'G'M: "Oh, I don't really main Marth anymore, I usually go Samus now." LIES! ALL LIES!! Okay, now that that's out of the way. Intense match. Marth has always been my worst match-up, but that was probably the best I've played against Marth, EVER. I screwed up my counter pick-- had I realized that the stage strike rules were only for the first random selection, I DEFIINTELY would have went to Fountain of Dreams. No Johns, however.

SideEffect: Lovely Fox. After you beat South_Paw in winners, I really expected you to at least take top 3, but then Chris bests you and Coty goes all Super Saiyan on you in Loser's Bracket... Good Games, notheless though.

Sethlon: That's the most badass Roy I've ever seen. He's definitely a million times cooler than Marth. You were moving so fast with him, I couldn't believe that was a low-tier you were using. Incredible, man.

X_A: Nice to finally meet you. Your Samus is quite godly in SSB. That was a fun match. Sorry I couldn't play more games with you. I'll definitely try to make one of those tourneys in Tulsa someday.

Alright, that does it for my long-*** shoutouts. Thanks to everyone who showed and made this an awesome event. In closing: KOS-MOS>Dallas, Dallas>Rest of OK, Houston>Po Pimpus, and of course, AZ>Everybody. TOO GOOD!

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
I wish I coulda been there to see all the greatness. no johns though, so all I can say is d***

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
BTW I didn't get any videos...

The VCR was hooked up to the TV that played the fewest tourney matches and then was quickly turned into the smash 64 TV...

Plus I left the tape in DoH's VCR so even if someone did record something on it it's now like an hour away. And of course I forgot the other tape so it could very well still be at the tourney location.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I'll keep it short and simple:

First off I'd like to thank Rasta & family for making OHSNAP3 possible. I really appreciate it!

Chris: Congrats for getting 2nd! I dunno what to say, you're just TOO GOOD!
Coty & Alex: I wish the best of luck, it won't be the same without both of you :(
Bryan: Good shiz in teams! Can't go wrong with Marth/Peach, heh.
Saif: Cool to finally meet you man! You own at SSB64!
Brett: I thought you guys had us in teams, hope to play you again soon!
Andy: Always wanting to mm, lol! I'll miss my MGS :crying:
Kuni, Saijee, Ken: Nice to see you guys again! You guys rock!
The guy from MGC (Bacon): Always good to see new blood, just keep practicing!
Jeff: Too funny man, you need to start entering tournaments!
Sid: Always cool and helping out, too bad Josh wasn't there to team with you :(
Marc: I haven't seen you in ages man, cool that you FINALLY show up, hahahaha :chuckle:
Patrick: You probably don't read the boards, or even play smash anymore, but it's cool to see the legendary Patrick show up every once in a while.
ChibiT89: GG man, you're unstoppable in 3S and MvC2! Your bro needs to teach you Smash though! Was that dude in the black shirt an SRKer?
Paemon: no luv
Auddy & Deadman: Bleh, I didn't even get any matches against you guys, but glad you made it anyways.
Rest of OK: Thanks for showing up and repping our state! Hope to see you guys again!

Blah, OOS peeps:
Drew: Good games man, you're pretty good.......... for a moderator....
Richard & Marcus: I really didn't expect us to defeat you guys, great games.
Sethlon: I'll strike pokemon stadium next time :)
Rest of TX: Thanks for showing up and making OHSNAP3 all the more better!
Wobbles: Congrats on winning 1st, and just owning everyone up.

Brandon, aka THA PRESIDENT! OK smash has indeed come a long way. Starting from a rag-tag crew, I'd never guessed the scene will ever become what it is now. With Brawl nearing closer and closer, we can definitely expect the scene to only get bigger and bigger, until it's muthaf***ing MARIO BIG!!!

Edit: Bleh, I forgot Crackboom and crew. Sorry if I missed anyone else, I'm pretty tired -___-, and too many faces for me to remember...

Top Bottom