• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYCers wanna Smash?

Horbie

Smash Cadet
Anyone in the NYC area looking to meet up and play some Smash 64 in person?

A bunch of the people I live with and I have started getting really into it recently, and we've developed our own mini scene, but it'd be chill to play with some other people. No one has any online stuff set up (hopefully that'll change sometime over Christmas) for various reasons, so we can only play in person for the moment.

We're okay. Not amazing by any means, but I'm pretty sure that if we play with some good people for a bit we'll stop getting four stocked eventually.

If you're interested let me know, and we'll set something up.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
@ Compatible Compatible @ jimmyjoe jimmyjoe @ firo firo

i'm in jersey across the goethals so i can go to the city with ease (it's just i hate driving in and i need a ride back if i take the train). i think in like a week and a half compatible will be in town and we'll be trying to play with jimmyjoe. firo's in the city as well. how accommodating is your place?

Horbie

Smash Cadet
We're in a college dorm, so it's decent. It's a suite style living situation, so we have a lounge area that seats like 5-6, but that's getting kinda cramped at that point. We could maybe find a room somewhere on campus that we could use?

And it's pretty easy for us to get to other places in the city, we're right by a subway stop.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if you could find a room on campus, like at a student center or something, that'd be pretty sweet (and honestly you could probably host a tourney there eventually). i don't think jimmyjoe's or firo's spots are well suited for more than 5 people total.

do you have crts? and are you planning on going to apex?

Horbie

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we have a crt that we're not using at the moment (the old tvs in the lounges were crts, university replaced them, we kept the old one, and it's just sitting in one of our rooms).

I'll look in to finding a room on campus. It shouldn't be too hard if I do it ahead of time. What day/days were you thinking?

And a few of us were planning on going to Apex. Everyone who's going is trying singles, and at least two of us are gonna try doubles too. It's gonna be our first tournament, and we're thinking we'll lose real early on, but we're all trying to get actually serious, and it seems like a solid place to start.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm available all of the time. i have no idea how jimmyjoe's schedule looks anymore, and i don't know when firo's down to play. but we should be able to get something going. i've got a crt but it's a ***** to carry. you could try finding some tiny ones at goodwill near you?

Horbie

Smash Cadet
I'll look into getting some more crts. I don't think it should be too hard.
How many 64s do you think we would have? We only have one with us in the dorm.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
jimmyjoe and firo have a setup a piece. i like how i'm speaking for them without any knowledge of whether or not they'll be able to play...

crts are like 4 dollars at goodwill or something

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Cobra, you have full authority to speak for me, you know this. You're pretty much always spot on when you do.

Horbie, where are you guys?
I'm on 65th and Madison

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'd prefer saturday daytime because that means i can take the train and actually have a way home

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
every single time i drive into the city i regret it and wind up cursing a blue streak the whole drive home because of some dumb ****

Horbie

Smash Cadet
This Saturday like the 13th?
I think most of us would prefer day also, cause next week is our finals week, so we gotta get studying at night.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
yeah it's the 13th. i know finals are coming up so it's best to unwind before and get a lot of smash out of the way instead of smashing for 6 hours at a time then studying for 1 like i did (but i'm a genius so i was allowed).

Horbie

Smash Cadet
If we do the 13th, we're not gonna be able to play here, I don't think. We've got mandatory 24 hour quiet hours in the dorms since finals are coming up, and it looks like we need to be a student group to reserve any space.

Might be able to figure out a way around the student group thing in the future, but for now it doesn't look like we can get any extra space here.

And Compatible, I think most of the people I'm with will be headed home for winter break at that point.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
so i'll actually be in nyc this weekend. slight chance i could slip away for a couple hours to meet up with y'all. let me know what time this is going down

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i heard daytime, but when that time gets sorted out a little better that'd be cool.

she gonna be studying, problem is i'll have other friends visiting this weekend as well

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hmm, Saturday?

I possibly could. Sat/Sunday are my only free days. NYC is easy to get to (next to train/bus to city)

Horbie

Smash Cadet
Should I bring my system and/or the crt? They system's easy, but the crt's gonna be a *****.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Is this happening or nah, if yeah, I'll show up also (with a controller wut.)
Otherwise, going to a lemele event tomorrow like I usally do on Sat.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i'm free until about 2-2:30 tomorrow, if starts a bit before that i'll show up

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Tonnes of NYC smashers, but alas I thought this was for sm4sh
Good luck though
"Tonnes", nvm, welcome to our forum, wut. Try 64, you'll like it, and the people are very nice (but not online :troll: )

Also, there are a LOT of smash 4 events/tournaments in NYC. I know Hecto does PM/Smash 4 tournaments on Sundays

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NebulousPM/ See here

Last edited:

Horbie

Smash Cadet
We'll try to be there at noon, but we may be a little late. I think just one other guy is coming with me.

@ jimmyjoe jimmyjoe could you PM me your address? If that's not chill, we'll just camp out on 65th and Madison, and post here when we get there. We'll be sitting there with a green 64 and (hopefully) a little crt.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
just talked to jj and it's gonna be more like 1 or 130. he said he pmed ppl but I didn't get it so just fyi for anyone who was planning on coming

Top Bottom