• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - Biweeklies/Monthlies Discussion

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
who's able to do this?

as of right now, sundays have PM, and saturdays have melee, BUT there are a few free saturdays because of the abundance of tourneys occurring. i'm thinking fridays, in general, because they have nothing going on that day. or at least not at the moment.

the venue has CRTS, extension cords, the works, just no consoles and carts. it's located in chinatown (6a elizabeth st), is about 2miles from the WTC path, doesn't look like it has parking or anything but you could probably find something somewhere and then subway over.

necessary info: if you plan on taking the TRAIN from NJ, you need to get back to PENN STATION by 1:30 to catch the last train back. ALTERNATIVELY, you can take a subway or cab to the WTC and then take the PATH into Newark Penn, which is presumably where you parked initially.

if you plan on driving, well, it's the city, so...you know how that goes.

if there's a good amount of interest, this can happen.

post your thoughts here.

@ weedwack weedwack @clubbadubba @killa k @ KeroKeroppi KeroKeroppi @Sensei @yOLORIN @KDY @ jimmyjoe jimmyjoe @ KoRoBeNiKi KoRoBeNiKi @ Fireblaster Fireblaster @Herbert Von Karajan @Smash Jesus @andrewajt62 @ B breakthrough @bloodpeach @ Maliki Maliki

lots of other people in the area, can probably let the locals from red bank tourneys + reddit guys know. venue holds about 50. i'd probably be TO'ing, and if kero comes he can assist.

any other info, just ask, and i'll find out from the CONNECT HOMIE, hectohertz.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
wait wait wait sedda's back in the states?

and coming to zenith?

and bringing cookies?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Now that I'm on summer vacay I'd be so down for this ****. And I'd definitely help you TO, Robert.

I'm tryna go to as many tourneys as possible before Zenith. Gotta train HARD.

Not to mention, any tournament Sedda goes to will kinda be the greatest tourney of all time.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Pretty salty I didn't get the shoutout in the first post haha. Fridays wouldn't work for me but if it was during the day on Saturday or Sunday I could definitely stop by. At least for the next two months until I move to MIAMI.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Pretty salty I didn't get the shoutout in the first post haha.
At least for the next two months until I move to MIAMI.
that's why i didn't mention you, i figured you'd be in miami by the time anything happened...i thought you were going this month, though, not in like july

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I wonder if you could do it in the same place where @R3N0 does his tournament, Nebulous gaming in Chinatown. The venue is nicely sized and they seem to like smash tournaments (as Reno has already begun preps for another event.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
I wonder if you could do it in the same place where @R3N0 does his tournament, Nebulous gaming in Chinatown. The venue is nicely sized and they seem to like smash tournaments (as Reno has already begun preps for another event.
this is the same venue! i started running tournaments here a couple weeks ago, I brought reno in to help me TO the melee ones. i've got TO's for melee + PM events here now, we want to expand to 64 if y'all are up to it

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
BUMPING THIS BECAUSE RELEVANT

how are fridays for people? opens up good travel time throughout the day, and able to crash around at places if people are kind.

i presume nights obviously would work best - is there a closing time for the venue?

i'd like to have something in october - that'll give us MORE than enough time to start generating interest and figuring out plans. ****, i'll post in nyu and columbia facebox groups, don't care.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
the store closes in theory at like 9/10 or something, but they are often there playing dota or whatever till like 4am. so i think we could probably work something out

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i have work during the week but why not. I'd have to arrive around 7:30 but w/e m8.

Top Bottom