• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 12th] Sm4sh Handheld - Singles in Fall

AaronKoss

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8759-8085
Hello everyone, this is Aaron and I am here to propose you 3DS users an online tournament for the sake of fun.
Smash Bros. Handheld goal is to allow everyone with a 3DS version of the game, to be able to have fun with that and don't feel it useless. This is mostly directed to those who can't afford a Wii U and still want to be able to smash the most competitive they can. Still this tournament has no entry fee nor prize, it's fun purpose. (it doesn't mean it uses items though, competitive rules are still applied).
I am well aware of the presence of other groups/people organizing tournaments for the 3DS, but they are not enough for some of us, isn't it? The italian community is filled with people owning a 3DS and not a wii U, thus, being me a member of it, I decided to start this. That's the second tournament we run, the first one was in August, and now I am delivering the message here, to allow it to be a worthy fight with worthy people.

3DS TOURNAMENT ONLY

Bracket (and sign up): http://sm4shhandheld.challonge.com/singlesinfall

When? November 12, at 3:20 PM (GMT +01:00 Rome)
Where? http://www.chatzy.com/24688847086042

there is no check-in required through challonge, though a more rustic check-in will be held in the chat room before starting.
People who come late may still be able to participate, but with handicaps. It will depend on the situation.
the cap of 64 participants may be removed/increased if there's a high request.

The rules are in the bracket. Here is a copy-paste.

• Double Elimination Tournament
  • We won't break the minute, but 30 minutes time limit for each round to avoid making it too long. If the adversary doesn't show up in 10 minutes you directly win a set. If MORE 10 minutes pass (a total of 20 minutes) you will win another set and with that the game. So if they show up only after 10 minutes the games will still be played, but the score will already be 1-0.
  • No items
  • 1v1
  • 3 stock, 8 minutes limit (no sudden death. Classic % count and if it's draw it will be a 1 stock 2 minute match to settle it)
  • Best of 3 (winners, loosers and grand finals are Best of 5)
  • Custom OFF
  • All characters are allowed (Mii's are allowed with any move set)

Stages
Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (no Omegas allowed)
  • Yoshi Island
Counterpicks:
  • Prism Tower
  • Arena Ferox
  • Dreamland 64
  1. Classic striking, the one with highest seed will strike first then the opponent ban.
  2. Striked stages get reset after each match
  3. The winner will ban two stages
  4. The looser will choose on what stage they will play
  5. Repeat till the end of the set.

If there's any question, or clearment to be made, don't hesitate to contact me either here or on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/aaron.parpaiola.1).
Hey you there! You like our project? You want to help? "Smash Bros Handheld Domain" is looking for helpers/mod/admins/TO to help us extend the fun to more people we can. Contact me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom