• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not working. Need help

GameRat

Smash Cadet
I just put in my Project M SD card and the options show up on my wii, but when I press play, the game doesn't load up.
The only noticeable differences in the character and stage selection layout.
Everything else is the same.

And when I pick a stage to fight on, the game stops working.
The game also randomly crashes in the character selection screen at times.

I've restarted my Wii several times and it still doesn't work.

I've been hearing also about this Gecko program.
How much memory does it take up, and will I have to put it on my SD card with all the other Project M files?
Or will I have to download it with a different card?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Gecko does not take up much memory. The advantage with project M on a homebrew wii is that u can have a sd card up to 32gb sd or sdhc. But for default, where did you get project M? the official site or elsewhere? What version is your wii? and what sd card are you using? I need to know so I can give u better help options and understand more

Last edited:

GameRat

Smash Cadet
Gecko does not take up much memory. The advantage with project M on a homebrew wii is that u can have a sd card up to 32gb sd or sdhc. But for default, where did you get project M? the official site or elsewhere? What version is your wii? and what sd card are you using? I need to know so I can give u better help options and understand more
I figured out the problem.
Turns out that I just needed to hit the play button with the wii remote, not the gamecube controller.
It works now, so this thread is no longer needed.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I figured out the problem.
Turns out that I just needed to hit the play button with the wii remote, not the gamecube controller.
It works now, so this thread is no longer needed.
Oh... Lol, It sounded like a actual problem.

Top Bottom