• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not sure if you guys have noticed this...

SuperToughPinkPuff

Smash Cadet
I know there are threads about desynching but recently I've been messing with a useless trick for IC's and platforms not all players may have noticed.

EDIT: This is a MELEE only trick
1)Wtf am i talking about?
-If you do a grab, desynched ice block, and sometimes even a blizzard, with Popo then you can hop with nana onto a platform while he is locked into the attack and separate the two PERMANATELY...assuming you dont jump off the platform!

2)How do you do it?
-I just explained it!

3) What it looks like:
-Basically imagine on pokemon stadium Nana being on a platform and popo being on the floor of the stage directly below her.

4)Lastly...the advantages
-Albeit this fun exploit has few true advantages its fun to watch because the two will mirror eachother exactly without being next to eachother....Sort of like a synchronized desynch :laugh: Feel free to spam iceblocks, smashes, etc. any ground move will keep them from stacking up again

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah, its not very practical, maybe you could use it in weird edgeguards but there are more reliable options.

You won't find a thread on every topic, but I would tell people things using the general IC chat or even the match up thread.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i liked doing this with Up-B OOS on pokemon stadium mountain thing

makes people really not want to go down there

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sometimes on YS and FoD against fastfallers you can have Popo uthrow while Nana jumps up and wavelands onto a platform, have Nana grab and throw towards the center of the stage, and then have Popo grab again. There are other, probably more practical (although none of this is practical in the first place) things to do after getting Nana on the platform, especially on FoD, where it's easy to have her usmash/dsmash or something like that.

Binx

Smash Master
Wow fly that sounds hot, I can't wait for Bipolar, I'm sure I'll be inspired to do all kinds of crazy stuff after it haha.

Top Bottom