• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not sure if this has been asked before.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
I tried searching it and didn't really get any results.
There was [not very] recently a topic on AiB where a person said that he was playing someone and they were both on their last stock. Apparently what happened was they both hit each other at the same time [I'm not sure what attack it was] and both were sent and KO'd off the top of the screen. Player 1 had more damage and passed the blast line first, but Player 2 bounced off the screen and died first.

Who would be given the win? I'm just curious.
As well, if someone was hit past the upper blast line on his last stock and was in the Star KO animation when the timer ran out [and died once the timer signified the end of the game] would that be considered a win for the other player?

Just curious.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
With the first scenario, player 2 would win.

Yea it's unfortunate but it's like tripping and gordos we can't do anything about it.

With the second scenario, that's what makes Star KOs unique, and is easily planned for. They haven't died yet, and if they have less damage, they win.
I've seen players suicide while their opponent is blasting off into the background (in Melee with Fox's side-b, and in Brawl with Snake's C4, both unintentional), so they lose because the game says so. There's also the possibility for Nana to KO the opponent while Popo is flying into the background (a situation which has happened in tournament before).

Top blast zones are unique in that aspect, and are a natural part of the game that one should expect and deal with.

Top Bottom