• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not sure if these are 2 Bugs?

D

Deleted member

Okay I've been playing game and watch for hours on end against various Npc's, and I noticed that when GAW grabs certain light characters such as Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Game and Watch himself, his grab animation speed is very fast, but when you grab heavy chars, like Bowser, or Gannondorf, the animation speed is slower and your opponent reacts to GAWs down throw much easier.

Is this a glitch of some kind? If not why do heavy chars gain the advantage of having a slower paced grab to react to?

The second thing I've noticed is that sometimes doing GAWs back or forward throws, for whatever reason GAW will do his up throw instead (I've noticed it happens more frequently after getting 2 chaingrabs/regrabs), and this is not a controller malfunction, I've tested this on 3 different wiis with pm, and with several different controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
1) When throwing Jigglypuff it should take G&W about 40 frames, but when throwing bowser it's more like 75. Weight based throws are very common. And, in fact, throws that ignore weight are the outlier. Try the same experiment thing with almost any other character and you'll get similar results. As for the reason why, you could argue that heavier characters are naturally easier to combo so they deserve a better shot at reacting with effective DI. Where as lighter characters could guarantee they're escape from follow ups if they were given the same opportunity. For G&W this is a bit of a trivial issue because all of his throws have the same animation so the opponent is forced to guess on their DI. However, you could also argue that it's better aesthetically as many throws might look awkward if Bowser moved at the same speed as Jiggs.

2) DI. G&W's forward & back throw are both DI-able to make you go straight up. The bots are probably just DI-ing the opposite direction of your throw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom