• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not Everyone from Brawl/Melee will return... few 3rd party characters

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I can't help but laugh at everyone using that "clone" word like they know what they're talking about lol. But foreal, the game needs to just not be released on 3DS. That's stupid.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I think Toon Link,Lucario,R.O.B.,Ike and Snake won't return...Lucas and Wolf maybe too.

Too bad...I just got used to some of these characters

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure we're going to see the end of Marth. He hasn't been in a game for a while, and there's a lot of fire emblem characters out there who are much more relevant.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm pretty sure we're going to see the end of Marth. He hasn't been in a game for a while, and there's a lot of fire emblem characters out there who are much more relevant.
Marth? The same guy that's been a veteran since melee, is most recognizable Lord in the Fire Emblem series, and is character in both name and ghost-form in Fire Emblem: Awakening... Isn't relevant?

You, sir, have very extreme criteria for what is relevant.

Uffe

Smash Hero
He could be replaced with Demise, seriously!
Replacement with Demise would be badass! Of course if they had the color scheme there for Demise on Gdorf, I'd be fine with that, too. I just hope they give him his own moveset this time around if he is in this upcoming Smash game.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Possibly. Of course Fire Emblem: Awakening came out recently.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Only character I can see getting cut is Lucas, and even that's a stretch.

But I also highly doubt that Roy will be a separate character from Marth (ie alternate costume) if he's brought back.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Replacement with Demise would be badass! Of course if they had the color scheme there for Demise on Gdorf, I'd be fine with that, too. I just hope they give him his own moveset this time around if he is in this upcoming Smash game.

Well, due to the Link model being from TP, its very unlikely that Demise will replace Ganondorf, though he still has the possibility for being a seperate character.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I've been gone for like a week. So has this link been shown yet?
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/197055...t_have_time_to_bring_all_characters_back.html
Personally I don't care as long as wolf isn't cut. Him and Marth are my mains and Marth isn't going anywhere. I won't be heartbroken if neither of them make it though. It looks like this means that they will be focusing on newcomers, which is what they should definetly focus on. Sure it's sad to see characters go but I'd rather have new faces than just a bunch of veterans.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
People say none of the original 12 can be removed. I disagree. Ness was almost removed twice, and he may be removed in 4 if he has to be.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Why do people think Lucas is a clone? He's nothing like Ness the only things similar is that they use the same psychic powers, yet they do COMPLETELY different things.

I hope Lucas isn't cut, and I'm doubting he will be.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yeah, I've never understood that misconception either. Take away their specials and Final Smash, and they share a similar down-tilt. That's it. No other moves. Where's the clone in that?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, I've never understood that misconception either. Take away their specials and Final Smash, and they share a similar down-tilt. That's it. No other moves. Where's the clone in that?

It's the exact same reasoning on why Samus and Captain Falcon are clones, duh. Well that and the bounty hunter thing.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
It's because they're both from the same game and use Psychic powers obviously.

Automatically makes them clones because they shout the same thing as well.

Sakurai should remake both characters, they were both support characters in their respective games, make them a little defensive, maybe rework some specials. I don't think people would be upset. At least do it to Lucas, he would've been terrible if we could never Zap Jump, Magnet Pull, and other things.

Maybe not terrible, but a LOT less unreliable to the point where he'd probably be around Link tier.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Lucas should definitely be the more defensive one, not only on part of Ness' veteran status securing his own moveset, but also that Lucas has a wider array of support PSI than Ness, like PSI Counter and Refresh.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
PSI Counter could be like.. well, a counter, and PSI Refresh could make him unique maybe to stop hitstun or something a little sooner.

It's just make him a more unique character like the rest of the cast.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Honestly the only real clone there still is is toon link, and there will be more cuts than toon link. People should realize that being a unique character doesn't mean they have no chance to get cut. Cuts are happening people, and even though they suck (I mean I'm fine with them, I prefer them actually) being in denial is a bad thing.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah, there will be more cuts, Lucas might even be cut, but the whole "HES A CLONE" is not an excuse.

I wouldn't mind seeing ROB, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucario, Sonic, Snake, Pokemon Trainer cut.

Nobody really cares about Ice Grabbers, Wolf... eh, idk. Lucario is gone, GG.

I did like Sonic and Snake, but it's time for another 3rd party character to join, wouldn't mind at all if they stayed (Sonic needs different moves though...)

Pokemon Trainer... Idk if I see him staying.

Jigglypuff, meh, get rid of her imo.

And then there's ROB. .... ROB, why.

Lucas on the other hand, he's in a completely different game than Ness, as in they're not even in the same time era, and Mother 3 was HUGE in Japan (Not to mention Earthbound is getting a re-release in America and Europe.

Oh yeah and Luigi is gonna be cut obviously.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Like I said, the only clone left is toon link. There are characters with certainly similar movesets, but they aren't clones.

I think the characters who have the potentiality (POTENTIALLITY) to be cut are toon link, wolf, jiggly, falco, lucario, snake, Lucas, ness, rob, Ike, climerz, trainorz, ganondorf, and possibly sonic, also Olimar could get replaced. Mind you I said POTENTIALITY. People will hate on this and I'll go like dude... Potentiality. Obviously some hang on others like if Lucas gets cut ness won't, if falco gets cut wolf won't. Stuff like that.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Possibly. Of course Fire Emblem: Awakening came out recently.

Lucina for SSB4, believe! (I wish)

Also what about the people who will end up buying the game, who aren't on this forum... which is to say most of the consumers of this game? Do you think they aren't hyped? I think they are. This main site for smash boards was down for how many hours after the e3 reveal? Personally I think the moment they announced Megaman Nintendo won e3. All we needed was some bit of good news about the upcoming game smash game and boy, did they give it to us. Now I want a WiiU. Good thing I have until sometime next year to get one.
Nintendo
win E3?
you must have missed the Sony conference

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well, due to the Link model being from TP, its very unlikely that Demise will replace Ganondorf, though he still has the possibility for being a seperate character.
So the Link model is from TP. I was thinking he was from SS. I'd rather not see Demise as a separate character to be honest.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's not Marth? Weird. Still a cool look, though.

Nope, not Marth, but Lucina, a person who disguises as Marth. Marth however is in Awakening as DLC.

Even then, Marth was still in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, New Mystery being fairly recent.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Nope, not Marth, but Lucina, a person who disguises as Marth. Marth however is in Awakening as DLC.

Even then, Marth was still in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, New Mystery being fairly recent.
Well she looks cool, though I doubt she'll be in the next Smash unless they replace Marth, and I think Smash takes the main characters and keeps them. Of course a character like Ness appeared in the second game of Mother while Ninten was the first character, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marth was some how replaced with her.

Top Bottom