• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a fan of the Mario/Doc Amalgamation

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy playing both Doc and Mario in Melee, however I do not believe that giving Mario Doc's kill power on certain moves is good design. I think that Mario was much more interesting when it was harder for him to kill and he had to focus more on getting the opponent offstage as opposed to the use of a pills and raw hits of Dr. Mario. Too many of Mario's bases are covered this way, in my opinion, leaving him somewhat insipid in Project M.

I'd be interested in knowing others' thoughts, especially Melee players.

Last edited:

Kusumi

Smash Rookie
I honestly believe Mario is okay as he is, although Fair does hit a little hard, not to mention since it has meteor smash properties depending on where you hit them - you could get a double Fair depending on their % (or just knock em to the bottom blast line if they're offstage. Lol.) Other than that most of his other
moves are fine to me, dsmash hits hard, but doesn't have op knock-back or anything. Fsmash is a way more reliable kill, but its much more laggy in turn. Most of his other moves really don't kill. Maybe Bair if you're offstage? All in all I like him how he is - an all around fighter with plenty of kill options. I kind of prefer him now than how he was in Melee. (I've played em in both as a secondary.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom