• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nooob Question! :)

Strongobado

Smash Cadet
I'm understanding lots of the advanced techniques that are being discussed, except for one.

Could someone tell me what the term DI is? Thanks!

And I hope this is a board I can post this in, if not, please lock.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
What that means is that you can tilt the control stick when you get launched by an attack. It slightly changes the direction you fly in, and lets you recover easier.

So, when someone says 'He didn't even DI out of it', that means he wasn't even trying to get out of the attack.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
I'm understanding lots of the advanced techniques that are being discussed, except for one.

Could someone tell me what the term DI is? Thanks!

And I hope this is a board I can post this in, if not, please lock.
DI stands for Directional Influence. For example, if Marth hits you with a tipper(an F-Smash with the tip of his sword) at 50%, you would fly. However, if you tilt the control stick toward Marth as he hits you, you won't go as far.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
Most of the techniques here do get confusing at times, and while i may not know all of them, its nice to have them abbriviated for us.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What that means is that you can tilt the control stick when you get launched by an attack. It slightly changes the direction you fly in, and lets you recover easier.

So, when someone says 'He didn't even DI out of it', that means he wasn't even trying to get out of the attack.
if I may make a little point here... it was "slight" in melee.... but it seems that DI is actually quite appreciable in brawl.

I mean DI is REALLY obvious now in a lot of cases.

Top Bottom