• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nooby marth?

Ganondork69

Smash Rookie
i just want to win against a marth who only forward smashes to kill me which pisses me off. How.

Endllol

Smash Rookie
Seems like you're just running at him. Play more patiently, bate and punish. His fsmash is one of marths slowest attacks. Just dash wavedash back > punish. Or come from above and bate an attack dodging with your DJ -> stomp -> ****ton of stomps.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Seriously, don't let him catch you off guard. Stay mobile. Your best bet at beating his approaches is with bair. Shield DI his approaches.

If his fair is.......
Perfectly spaced, advancing (early).... uair oos.
Perfectly spaced, advancing (late).... roll away or grab.
Perfectly spaced, not advancing.... roll away.

Semi-spaced, advancing.... shield DI away and grab.
Semi-spaced, not advancing.... shield DI in and grab.

Not spaced, not advancing...... grab.
Not spaced, advancing...... forward roll.

Grab him and out him offstage, that's the whole matchup. It's zoning. Grabs help A LOT. Think tomahawks and shield DI; get grabs. Dthrow + uair/bair put him in the air, above you, keep him there, sharking him with uairs. Edgeguarding marth is easy but you have to have it down.

Last edited:

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
Be patient, use platforms.
Try baiting him into Fsmashing and punish him. Stop mindlessly running into him, against worse players you're better of just moving around and spacing Bairs

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Usually the answer to this sort of question is something along the lines of 'dash dance better' or 'dash dance into JC grab'. Unfortunately Ganon has unarguably one of the worst dash dances in the game, so that option is out. Therefore we're going to have to go for the non-linear approach. Ganon as a character really needs platforms both to stay mobile and to give him places to retreat/maneuver. I'm just going to assume since you keep running headlong into F-smashes that you don't know how to wavedash and/or are playing primarily on final destination. Bait and switch, mix up your approaches, use platforms. Try to get behind Marth while he's in his shield, it really puts pressure on a lot of characters but Marth even more so because his incredible standing grab option is taken away from him and generally that's the sort of situation that causes less experienced players to panic.

Top Bottom