• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob samus question

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys.

Pretty new to samus here so this is probably a really silly question.

Whats the best way to missle spam on FD? On other stages u can platform drop missle, etc but on FD without platform is the best way just to simple short hop missle -> land then missle again, repeat? or is there something else. cause it feels like i cant fast fall after missling in the air. i dont know. at a loss here and wanted some clarificaiton

thanks

Narpas_sword

pretty sure you cant SHFF missiles. if i'm on FD i resort to the old Double missile. full jump, on the way up, fire either kind of missile.

on way down fire a smash missile (pretty sure you cant do a homing here) just before you land, which you can cancel into your next jump.

Chevy

Smash Ace
pretty sure you cant SHFF missiles. if i'm on FD i resort to the old Double missile. full jump, on the way up, fire either kind of missile.

on way down fire a smash missile (pretty sure you cant do a homing here) just before you land, which you can cancel into your next jump.
This is what I pretty much always do also. You can also double jump after the first missile, and then fire two more before landing. And if you are feeling snazzy, you can bull the old double bomb triple missile out. Just check out this guide from Melee : http://smashboards.com/threads/official-samus-missile-guide.105908/.

Everything should apply except for the short hop fast fall missile.

Litt

Samus
Guys, don't forget you can full hop fast fall missile cancel, and its almost as hard to do as shffmcs from melee (well its a lot easier, but not an easy tech if you are just trying it for the first time). Also it is possible to full hop homing into falling homing missile, it needs to be frame perfect though, and I don't see the use to it because I dont even like FD. (Lol I knew there was a few missile techs missing from the list ESAM just remembered what they were now, but I figured them out when I was screwing around last tourney I went to )

@ Chevy Chevy just watched your last game... the rush down approach you use doesnt work too well against bigger badder characters :/, the only way you would have won that match is by a constant ice missile spam, zairing when they got too close, and kills with ice fair and upsmash, you just kept running into him, fire fair off the ledge constantly into his forward tilt, for the straight games, it didnt work the first two games, not gonna magically catch him the third, Here is what you could have done, drop, wall jump, missile at DeDeDe's head where forward tilt doesnt cover, zair back to ledge, wave land on, reestablish neutral.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
@ Chevy Chevy just watched your last game... the rush down approach you use doesnt work too well against bigger badder characters :/, the only way you would have won that match is by a constant ice missile spam, zairing when they got too close, and kills with ice fair and upsmash, you just kept running into him, fire fair off the ledge constantly into his forward tilt, for the straight games, it didnt work the first two games, not gonna magically catch him the third, Here is what you could have done, drop, wall jump, missile at DeDeDe's head where forward tilt doesnt cover, zair back to ledge, wave land on, reestablish neutral.
Yeah, I played it pretty bad. I realized halfway through the first game that he wasn't handling missiles well, but after a few hits he retreated to the edge and I wasn't thinking clearly. My counterpicks were also pretty bad, thanks for the advice though, maybe I'll get a rematch next month if he comes down again.

Litt

Samus
Yeah, I played it pretty bad. I realized halfway through the first game that he wasn't handling missiles well, but after a few hits he retreated to the edge and I wasn't thinking clearly. My counterpicks were also pretty bad, thanks for the advice though, maybe I'll get a rematch next month if he comes down again.
ill give you a hint, no one handles missiles well... lol, half the time I just run away and spam as option 1, because a good 90% of players just crumble under the pressure, and I have to put very little work in, and why should I, if I have a strategy and it is effective. If they get mad at you camping, it means you are doing something right.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
ill give you a hint, no one handles missiles well... lol, half the time I just run away and spam as option 1, because a good 90% of players just crumble under the pressure, and I have to put very little work in, and why should I, if I have a strategy and it is effective. If they get mad at you camping, it means you are doing something right.
#ChrisGMentality

Jk. Missles are cooler than soul fist.

Top Bottom