• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob question about THPs

Vahkiti

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I read every tutorial I could find and all they tell me is how to make NEW thps. All I want to do is take the opening movie and change the music. Are you really trying to tell me that's impossible? O_o

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I read every tutorial I could find and all they tell me is how to make NEW thps. All I want to do is take the opening movie and change the music. Are you really trying to tell me that's impossible? O_o
the opening movie's music is NOT played through a BRSTM (music)
it is embedded in the THP, you will have to change it and use riivo, if you want, I can change the music for you, but you have to pm me a link to the music you want

Vahkiti

Smash Apprentice
the opening movie's music is NOT played through a BRSTM (music)
it is embedded in the THP, you will have to change it and use riivo, if you want, I can change the music for you, but you have to pm me a link to the music you want
Well I did know that, but it seems that there is no way to just change the music in an existing THP file, rather as far as any tutorial will tell you, you have to make one from scratch. If this is the case I'm sure I could do it myself, but if not, could you tell me how I can simply change the music in the default intro video?

The only reason I HAVEN'T done it from scratch is that the quality will most likely suffer for it, and it would be a waste of effort if I am incorrect in my assumption.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
Well I did know that, but it seems that there is no way to just change the music in an existing THP file, rather as far as any tutorial will tell you, you have to make one from scratch. If this is the case I'm sure I could do it myself, but if not, could you tell me how I can simply change the music in the default intro video?

The only reason I HAVEN'T done it from scratch is that the quality will most likely suffer for it, and it would be a waste of effort if I am incorrect in my assumption.
simple...
use SUPER (yes this thing reads litterally EVERYTHING containing media of images, audio, or video) to convert it to WMV, drop it in an editor like sony vegas, replace the contents of the audio track with your chosen audio (IF you follow my end of the tutorial, you will NOT lose alot of quality)

now follow the tutorials form the building the THP step to change it back into a THP AFTER rendering the video (or jpegs if you followed my section of the tutorial) the video contents will remain UNTOUCHED, but the audio will be the one you put

if you still want help, supply me the audio you want and i will go change *it* in the THP

(and screen capture it so you can see how I do it

Vahkiti

Smash Apprentice
simple...
use SUPER (yes this thing reads litterally EVERYTHING containing media of images, audio, or video) to convert it to WMV, drop it in an editor like sony vegas, replace the contents of the audio track with your chosen audio (IF you follow my end of the tutorial, you will NOT lose alot of quality)

now follow the tutorials form the building the THP step to change it back into a THP AFTER rendering the video (or jpegs if you followed my section of the tutorial) the video contents will remain UNTOUCHED, but the audio will be the one you put

if you still want help, supply me the audio you want and i will go change *it* in the THP

(and screen capture it so you can see how I do it
Huh... I didn't realize Super would convert a THP into a video... Thanks for the info! ^_^

Top Bottom