• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

noob Mewtwo tech question

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys,

Was watching a match with emukiller and was wondering. how does he do a couple things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBMn330P2Wg

at 4:23 how does he teleport from ledge onto the stage? I always end up way above stage when trying that if I just hold up forawrd..?

at 4:40
Also how do you teleport to ledge and grab it? I'm always facing the wrong way. Is there a way to turn while teleporting? also when i teleport i dont see how to make it so im facing ledge and directly at the ledge. i always end up on top of it? Do i just hold down forward?

at 6:50

how did he turn around for the ball? did bair turn him around or he jus turn around after landing?

Last edited:

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
The key to doing a lot of different teleport tricks is jumping or double-jumping just before wooping (teleporting).

4:23 you don't need to angle it, you just need to aim directly at 3 o'clock (9 if coming from the left side). To make sure you end up on the stage, you tap away from the edge (to make M2 drop), then immediately jump and woop towards the stage. If you find yourself grabbing the edge again you're wooping too soon.

4:40 It's important to know that any time you're in the air above the edge and woop towards it, you'll immediately grab the edge no matter which way you're facing. Simply jump just before wooping.

6:50 He incorporates what all characters are capable of doing, the wavebounce. Just tap back quickly after hitting B, and you should turn around. Also works with other B-specials.

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
thanks! that was very informative.

for 6:50 tho. so its after the B? thats kind of weird. i thought it was maybe like a falco turnaround laser or sometign where u hit it before the B. that'll need some getting use to

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
My pleasure! Yes, wavebouncing is weird, but very useful. Also, if you wavebounce while moving, your momentum instantly turns around (giving it a 'bounce' effect).

As a Squirtle main, I use this tech to run away & suddenly bounce back with Bubble (down-B). You might find Mewtwo's down-B more dynamic if you wavebounce it.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
So when people do horizontal up B -> Turn around aura sphere. Are they doing.. horizontal up B... turn.. then sphere..?

or are they wavebouncing it and turning after the sphere.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
They're wavebouncing the sphere only, they teleport the normal way. The last thing you'll press is the direction you want to face once you've hit B.

I'd suggest practicing wavebouncing separately, then adding teleports > wavebounce. Practice jumping forward, pressing B, then quickly tapping back. You should bounce like you hit a wall or something.

Input looks like this (assuming default controls):
:GCR::GCY: :GCN::GCB::GCL:
(jump right) (wavebounce B)

Once you've got the hang of that, try including a teleport.
:GCY: :GCU::GCB::GCR: :GCN::GCB::GCL:
(jump) (teleport right) (wavebounce B)

Hope this is helpful!
:007:

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
thanks! this helps a ton.

I'm like day 1 mewtwo right now but im enjoying him a lot.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Everything Ceph said about teleporting is correct, though there is more to add, since you were wondering about the direction you face. When you teleport, you control the direction in which you face after the teleport with the direction the control stick is pointed after choosing a direction. For example, if you are facing left and want to teleport to the left and be facing right, you press up + B, then hold left, and as soon as you disappear (which is really fast), hold right. :GCU:+:GCB: -> :GCL: -> :GCR: You don't have to worry about this when grabbing the ledge, because, as Ceph said, as long as you're in the air (and above the ledge) and point your teleport towards the ledge, you will grab it. To clarify, jumping has nothing to do with it: you just have to be in the air. Using your double jump before teleporting does not do anything, using grounded jump just puts you in the air. Also, be careful with your double jump. It's very easy to lose it by doing a midair teleport.

However, that is not wavebouncing. It's just a turnaround B, which is what you said. Just like Falco's reverse lasers in Melee, it's :GCR:->:GCN:+:GCB:.

What Ceph told you how to do is a B reverse: :GCN:+:GCB:->:GCR:.

Wavebouncing is a combination of both, a sort of turnaround B reverse: :GCL:->:GCN:+:GCB:->:GCR:.

They are very similar and easily confused, but it's good to know the difference. Turnaround B's only change the direction you're facing. EmuKiller was already moving that direction, just facing the other way, so he did a turnaround B to change the direction he was facing.

B reverses only change your momentum in addition to the direction you're facing. So if you're in the air going right and you B reverse a Shadow Ball, you will "bounce" and go left and also be facing left.

Wavebouncing is doing a turnaround B before you B reverse to compensate for the B reverse changing which way you're facing. So if you're in the air going right and you wavebounce a Shadow Ball, you will "bounce" and go left, but still be facing right.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

(Also, you can do any of these without a fully charged Shadow Ball and simply press :GCLT: or :GCRT: to cancel the charging animation immediately. It has a few uses)

Yay 100th post!

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Everything Ceph said about teleporting is correct, though there is more to add, since you were wondering about the direction you face. When you teleport, you control the direction in which you face after the teleport with the direction the control stick is pointed after choosing a direction. For example, if you are facing left and want to teleport to the left and be facing right, you press up + B, then hold left, and as soon as you disappear (which is really fast), hold right. :GCU:+:GCB: -> :GCL: -> :GCR: You don't have to worry about this when grabbing the ledge, because, as Ceph said, as long as you're in the air (and above the ledge) and point your teleport towards the ledge, you will grab it. To clarify, jumping has nothing to do with it: you just have to be in the air. Using your double jump before teleporting does not do anything, using grounded jump just puts you in the air. Also, be careful with your double jump. It's very easy to lose it by doing a midair teleport.

However, that is not wavebouncing. It's just a turnaround B, which is what you said. Just like Falco's reverse lasers in Melee, it's :GCR:->:GCN:+:GCB:.

What Ceph told you how to do is a B reverse: :GCN:+:GCB:->:GCR:.

Wavebouncing is a combination of both, a sort of turnaround B reverse: :GCL:->:GCN:+:GCB:->:GCR:.

They are very similar and easily confused, but it's good to know the difference. Turnaround B's only change the direction you're facing. EmuKiller was already moving that direction, just facing the other way, so he did a turnaround B to change the direction he was facing.

B reverses only change your momentum in addition to the direction you're facing. So if you're in the air going right and you B reverse a Shadow Ball, you will "bounce" and go left and also be facing left.

Wavebouncing is doing a turnaround B before you B reverse to compensate for the B reverse changing which way you're facing. So if you're in the air going right and you wavebounce a Shadow Ball, you will "bounce" and go left, but still be facing right.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

(Also, you can do any of these without a fully charged Shadow Ball and simply press :GCLT: or :GCRT: to cancel the charging animation immediately. It has a few uses)

Yay 100th post!
Oh yea that's right! Sorry lol
Wavebounce is like a "reversed B-reverse"

Now I see why it's called "wavebounce", sounds much cooler

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
oh question on the ledge hog teleport tho. Is there an "easy" way to do it? I keep missing the ledge. like overshooting it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
oh question on the ledge hog teleport tho. Is there an "easy" way to do it? I keep missing the ledge. like overshooting it.
You mean going from the stage to the ledge with teleport? Just short hop, up B, and aim it directly at the stage. The control stick has to be below horizontal.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
You mean going from the stage to the ledge with teleport? Just short hop, up B, and aim it directly at the stage. The control stick has to be below horizontal.
yeah thats what i mean. But does it always have to be a certain distance to work? Or does it prioritize teleporting to ledge somehow

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
=
4:23 you don't need to angle it, you just need to aim directly at 3 o'clock (9 if coming from the left side). To make sure you end up on the stage, you tap away from the edge (to make M2 drop), then immediately jump and woop towards the stage. If you find yourself grabbing the edge again you're wooping too soon.
=
Man im totally missing this. I keep just ramming my head into the stage and falling to my death x_x

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Oh. Just random stages. Does it fail on certain ones?
It works on all ledges, but if you're wooping under the stage by accident at, say, Smashville, chances are you're either double-jumping way too late or wooping too early (or both).

Using your double-jump isn't necessary to stall on the ledge, but it is easier (albeit dangerous). Double-jumping is necessary, however, if you're aiming to land on the stage (unless you can angle your woop upwards ever-so-slightly, which is much more difficult). Adjust the timing on your jumps/woops til you can nail it consistently.

CeLL

Smash Lord
So teleport works just like Fire Fox, just very quickly, and you're invisible and invincible during it. So just position yourself and angle the teleport as if you were trying to do what you want to do with teleport with Fire Fox.

@ Ceph Ceph Teleport only has 16 directions: the 8 on the control stick and one between any adjacent two of those.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
hey guys. i'm still having trouble with doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsVEHMHQ0C0

at 2:19

How he teleports from ledge onto the stage.

You guys said earlier that its: :GCL:, :GCU::GCB:, :GCR: ? but it doesnt seem to be working for me?

please help D= i have no idea how to return to stage safely after wooping

CeLL

Smash Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsVEHMHQ0C0

You guys said earlier that its: :GCL:, :GCU::GCB:, :GCR: ? but it doesnt seem to be working for me?

There's nothing special about it. It's just a normal teleport from point A to point B. Just point the stick in the direction you want to go.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
How does he go from ledge to stage like that though? I always end up above the stage or I hit the side of stage and die

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
press back or down to let go of the ledge, DJ, then teleport horizontal to the stage.
If you don't double jump you'll just run into the stage and re-grab the ledge.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
press back or down to let go of the ledge, DJ, then teleport horizontal to the stage.
i can do it without DJing i just angle diagonally towards the stage and it seems to work fine for me that way

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Is that how they did the rapid ledge hog using teleport? By dropping from the ledge and teleporting straight into the stage? It seems so fast, but i guess if what I'm saying is true that's just the nature of up-B right?

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Is that how they did the rapid ledge hog using teleport? By dropping from the ledge and teleporting straight into the stage? It seems so fast, but i guess if what I'm saying is true that's just the nature of up-B right?
What i explained was canceling teleport onto the stage.
I'm pretty sure there is a thread called "how to woop" and it explains how to ledge stall with mewtwo pretty well.

Victor Coelho

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
1138-9017-8903

Normal teleport there, nothing strange =/

Top Bottom