• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

None of my local tournaments host PM anymore.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
I'm an avid fan of this mod, never having any other character than Ness come so naturally. With the amount of time I've put into my character, I'm pretty upset that no tournaments around me continue to support it after the popularity of Smash 4. I've actually asked one of the organizers, and he told me that before Smash 4, they'd get over 70 entrants for PM, but after the release, they'd be lucky to get even 20.

It's understandable from the TO perspective, but it's still very very saddening to see this game basically die out in my area. Anyone else have this happen to them? Ways to address this?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I think the best solution would be to host a PM event yourself, or to try to get people back into PM one way or another. Perhaps ask the TO about having it just as a side event. But if the scene is totally dead, it'll probably be tough to bring it back, but it's worth a shot.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Like J$ said above me, you can go out of your way to host an event yourself or ask if it's feasible to host a PM bracket on the same day. Ask the TO to pass all responsibilities on to you and you can get it organised. PM also dropped significantly in numbers once Smash 4 was released in my region but with determination from myself and other players, we've managed to bring it up to standard again.

Top Bottom