• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-Samus-specific-techs you use a lot and why.

Petroklos

Smash Cadet
Dash Dancing, Extended Dash Dancing, Perfect Pivoting, Shield Drops, you name it.

I try to use Dash Dancing and Extended Dash Dancing because I find it fun. Also DashDance->DashGrab/DashAttack can throw off many players. Saddly I'm prone to messing it up and can't Perfect Pivot well, removing a bunch of options from the Dash Dances.

I've been also trying to use Shield Dropping (buffered from Charged Shot if needed) but I'm not consistent enough with it, yet.

Finally, ALanding is a thing I've just begun using. Having great troubles landing with Samus and getting punished for both teching and failing to more than I'd like, it looks like a good tool to have.

Last edited:

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
I'm always using A landings, perfect pivots, and tether ledge trumps. I also am pioneering into bidouing (c stick set to specials for easy perfect pivots etc). I find I don't use dash dancing so much anymore because I like having my options open with bidous, perfect pivots and just walking. As much as I used to love dash dancing and fox trot canceling, I feel much more in control with micromanaging space this way. It feels perfect for me.

Most of my play these days also involves ledge trumping, with either getting instant ledge trumps or frame perfect ledge trumps for early KOs.

Top Bottom