• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-Moveset/Property "Bonus" Things You Would Want to See in Zelda

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Hey everyone, this post is just more for fun than actual meta discussion as I was randomly thinking of the little things Project M does to make things great, like Uptaunting during Peach Bomber or Knee, or Link's secret taunt.

Since we already have an alternate costume thread, most of that discussion should stay there. This thread is more about the little things, like wanting different sound effects or aesthetics for a move. I guess you could propose fixes or changes to the models, if there are any.

Things I want to see are some sort of secret taunt for Zelda, like taking one of the little diamonds from Nayru's in her hands and either crushing it, or giving it a casual flip ala Mario. I'd really like to have a stronger sound effect for a sweetspotted Lightning Kick or stomp.

What are things you guys want to see?

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I'd really like to have a stronger sound effect for a sweetspotted Lightning Kick or stomp.
All they have do is replace the LK sound effect with the stomp sound effect. The new LK isn't as powerful though, so perhaps it doesn't need a stronger/better sound effect.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Oh whoops, forgot about that. I think it would feel better than it does currently, where I hit them and it's like "Yay!" Even though the hitlag isn't there anymore, I prefer a stronger sound than what's currently on there. So yeah, stomp would work fine.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
You should be able to press taunt when you get a lightning kick to get a bonus sound, like with the knee and Wolf flash.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
I'd like a different taunt than uptaunt. how about she pulls out her rapier from twilight princess and brandishes it? and if you press a certain button, she drops it with a tripbox as it bounces to a dead stop

It's weird that you made this post actually, cause I've been thinking about some of her animations lately. I'd like it if her skirt didn't cover her kicks so much. Also, in generaly, I think the way her skirt moves is pretty poorly animated. Even though melee had worse gfx in a lot of ways, I think the way cloth moved in that game looked more natural

Rizner

Smash Ace
Really? I actually like the sound on it now!
Though you could double tap for that silent Brawl wave haha
Make double tap for sound?
But yeah, I'm not sure why but I have always really disliked that sound. I just want to wave. That's it. nn sound

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
That rendition of the "door unlock" sound or whatever is okay, I'd kind of like a vintage or redone one, maybe even the Melee one.

Is it possible to have a randomizer for it? Say I transform, and I hear the Brawl sound. Then I transform later but hear the Melee version

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
I've never liked the way transform looks in brawl, with the big square light curtain. Could they make a glowing outline of Zelda during the transformation, perhaps?

4tlas

Smash Lord
I miss the Melee audience that always went "ooooh" when you recovered from a decent distance. Zelda was one of those characters that usually made it back from those "improbable" recoveries, and I really liked the support from the audience. Made me feel special.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Yeah, it was like they were chanting!

I wonder if there's any space left for alternate chants for PM? It would be awesome if they got a team together and made new ones.

Top Bottom