• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Up B OoS without Tap Jump?

Tap Jump?

• Total voters

Page Won

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to Up B OoS with tap jump turned off? From what I've tried it doesn't seem possible, which begs the question, do you guys play with tap jump turned on or off?

Chevy

Smash Ace
It's possible, but you would most likely have to claw your controller to do it properly. I used to play with one of my triggers set to jump for this exact reason, but decided it's just easier to keep tap jump on. Sometimes you just would like to jump with your left hand, situations arise.

Narpas_sword

its easy with Special set to R or L. Which is also useful for missile techs.

I have tap jump on now (due to changing back and forth with melee) but i still upb oos with R sometimes.

Litt

Samus
Is it possible to Up B OoS with tap jump turned off? From what I've tried it doesn't seem possible, which begs the question, do you guys play with tap jump turned on or off?
Here is the solution to tap jump off... use the C stick up to buffer jump OoS, then just hold up and time the jump with your eyes with when you should press B for Up b, then work into muscle memory. If you use any other jump buttons the timing is extreamly difficult to learn and its really not as precise. So pick tap jump on, or learn the timing with the C stick buffering the jump first frame OoS when shield stun ends

Litt

Samus
Also... don't say it doesn't seem possible when it is VERY possible, it doesnt beg any question, if you can jump OoS, you can do anything (except ground based attacks that are not jump cancelable OoS) Up B OoS, Missile OoS, Nair OoS, Bomb OoS, Up Air OoS, Dair OoS, Wavedash OoS, Up smash OoS... tap jump doesnt limit not being able to leave shield, just hold shield and press the jump button to figure out for yourself, its just easiest to do the UP B, 1st frame OoS when using tap jump because you are already holding up. But I digress, just give it some thought before you deem something not possible and give it a little more effort bud.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Honestly, I feel that learning to play with tap jump on just makes the most sense, anyway. It helps with the transition between PM and Melee, and tap jump just plays a huge role in playing and executing quickly with several characters.

It is important to note Barbie's mentioning of buffering with C-stick. There are plenty of uses for buffering in shield, although Samus isn't the most stellar character to use as an example. C-stick is probably the easiest way to Shine OoS quickly, and it also helps with Nair OoS, among other things. Just feel out and explore what you can do with the suggestions offered to you, and learn which ones make the most sense in certain applications.

Litt

Samus
Honestly, I feel that learning to play with tap jump on just makes the most sense, anyway. It helps with the transition between PM and Melee, and tap jump just plays a huge role in playing and executing quickly with several characters.

It is important to note Barbie's mentioning of buffering with C-stick. There are plenty of uses for buffering in shield, although Samus isn't the most stellar character to use as an example. C-stick is probably the easiest way to Shine OoS quickly, and it also helps with Nair OoS, among other things. Just feel out and explore what you can do with the suggestions offered to you, and learn which ones make the most sense in certain applications.
It does make the most sense... but a lot of new players complain about the difficulty of performing up tilts and accidentally jump... thats when I smack them in their forehead and say, something that is worth learning.... is worth the effort putting in... instead of just modding your controls you lazy ****

Top Bottom