• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Roy Alt?

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else surprised that one of the most popular characters with some of the most vocal players didn't get an alt costume in 3.5? I'm not really complaining or anything because I feel like the PMDT did a great job with all of the other alt costumes but I feel kind of sad that Roy didn't get one, especially when the groundwork for a really great one is already out there.

I mean look at this thing.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I think that they want to keep some characters without alts, so that they can have more content for future updates. It sucks for Roy mains and other characters without alts. Dam Fire Emblem Awakening Roy concept art would make for a sick alt.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
What I find strange is that they gave him a new palette swap that clearly resembles the above Awakening design, instead of giving him the Awakening design itself as a new alt.

I mean I'm not really that bothered by him not getting the alt, it's just that they clearly acknowledged its existence, but instead of making the real thing, they just changed the colors of his normal outfit to make it imitate the newer design.

Given the quality we've come to expect from the PMDT, this just seems really weird and lazy. Though it could just be a placeholder to tide Roy players over until they replace it with the actual costume in a later update.

Don't get me wrong. I love the new swap and I'm glad they added it, as it's definitely my new main color for Roy, but it just seems like a weird approach.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Well, they added a ton of new costumes and a massive amount of content for a non-main release. It's understandable that not all the characters get alts that include new models. And they provided a lot of those, too. But a substantial number didn't get substantial new alts this release. GnW (only recolors), Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Bowser, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ness (only recolors), Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Diddy, Fox, Falco, and Olimar. And probably others.

That doesn't mean it isn't coming, though. There are plenty of future releases to look forward to, and I'm sure they see how vocal the Roy community is about their desire for an alt, and I doubt they'll disappoint.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Well you guys

a) Got a recolor that references the FE13 artwork
b) Are definitely vocal and a large fanbase and the PMDT knows you want an alt

My guess is the Roy alt is something special and is being saved up for next release.

If I were a betting man I'd go with Master Lord alt, even though I think the Awakening recolor can co-exist with an Awakening alt and the recolor might have just been a red herring.

There's a non-zero chance of an Eliwood alt but I feel like that would be last choice.

Top Bottom